Chapter 16.

"I have a few friends here who can drive me home," she explains. "Kind of like back up."

I nod. Even though, she has someone here, I can't let her drive me. These are people that she knows, that might have been drinking. I turn my head in the direction we came from. Niall said, that he only lives about five minutes from here, and the way here did not seem too complicated.

"I'm going to walk," I decide. "To a friend’s house. It's not far from here."

She raises her eyebrows. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, of course!" I smile. Bending down, I unbuckle my foot from these killer heels. Reaching into my clutch, I pull my flats out and slipping them on.

A groan escapes my lips. "God," I say. "I'm never going to wear heels again."

Jamie chuckles. "Anyway, we can drive you as well," she explains, reaching for my wrist. "Hand me your phone."

I do as she pleases, and she hastily types my number in her phone. "No need, I like to walk. I'll text you," I promise as I begin to walk.

• • •

The streets seem scarier at night, every sound makes me jump. I only now realize that this is the first time that I'm outside in the dark. I don't know how I imagined it to be, but not as scary. The trees, which throw shadows on the walls of the buildings, seem to wander with me.

While walking I tried to call Em and Heather, but none of them pick up. I didn't try Finn's number, simply because I do not want to disturb him. I kick myself mentally as I realize that I don't have Niall's number. So I almost burst into tears, when I make out the little familiar buildings, signaling me, that I'm close. I'm not even mad that they left me at the party, it was more important to get Heather out of there, and get back to Finn.

As I make my way down the street and towards the apartment, I start wondering why I've never ever been here. I only now realize that Finn never invited me over. I didn't know about Niall or the frat house either. Or that he seems to have a mutual deep hate for Harry. Didn't he care to actually mention about knowing my neighbor? Maybe he didn't invite me over, because it's a long drive, but he could've at least tell me about Niall.

How good do I actually know him?

I begin to walk a little faster, when I notice a black vehicle driving slowly at my space. Conversations with my mother and Bob, run through my mind. How they warned me about these kind of things when I was younger. Even though, I think I'm a little too old to get lured with Candy. My heart begins to beat faster, adrenaline burning my veins. I'm just paranoid, I'm just paranoid. I bite my lip to keep my breathing as normal as possible, keeping my gaze straight in front of me.

"What are you doing here?"

I jump at the sound and turn towards the source. The window of the car is down and a familiar face is staring at me. My heart feels tight as I realize whose car it is. Harry easily finds a parking spot, since the road is practically empty. I stop walking, even though I shouldn't, and wait for him to get out of his car. I notice the open blue button up shirt, he has thrown over his black t-shirt. "It's almost 1 am. What are you doing here?"

My brows are furrowed as to why he is here, and talking to me. Why does he care? "Harry?" I ask, dumbly.

"I'm glad that you didn't forgot my name," he answers. He's making fun of me, as always. The moon is shining through the few trees on the other side, and hitting Harry softly in the face. His rings seem brighter matching the light from the moon. It almost gives is his skin a magical shine, and for the split of a second I am distracted.