Sixteen: It's Showtime

Giovanni stood up on a stage that was only big enough for his king-like chair, Persian perched on the arm, and a tall golden stand. Atop that stand sat a blue orb no larger than a big apple. It glowed with a swirling blue light that shined like a night sky full of shooting stars. "Ladies, gentlemen, esteemed colleagues, and rivals!" He shouted to the room while taking a sideways glance at Maxie, who stood there with a grin of his own and glass of wine in hand. "We are gathered here tonight to marvel in my newest find! As I traveled the chasms on the Unnamed Region I finally found the treasure I had been looking for. It took many years and untold amounts of sacrifice to accomplish this feat!"

"Years? That jerk..." Jessie ground out through clenched teeth. "There had been no talk of this at all through Team Rocket. How shady and secretive could he possibly get?" She kept her voice low, but her anger could be felt heavily.

"I know Jess." James said with a sigh. "It's not like we were his favorites. Highly unlikely we would have ever been brought in on a plan like this." He let out a small half hearted laugh. "We probably would have screwed something up. In hindsight that would have been fine with me if it would have stopped all of this nonsense." He then turned to Ash. "It's almost time for us to make our troupe's announcement. Twerp, Luca, you guys ready to go?"

Ash stepped up next to Luca, dressed looking like Luke, his mask under his arm. "Ready to do this?" He asked smiling as he held his hand out to her.

All Luca could do was nod as Luke placed her hand in the costumed paw of his temporary stand-in. "Take good care of her Ash."

"I'll make sure she comes right back to you." He assured the Pokémon.

"Okay you kids, lets go." James took a deep breath as he opened the door on que.

"I have arranged a merry performance to entertain you for this momentous occasion! You have all feasted your bodies in the dining hall, now you will feast your eyes with the tale of my newfound artifact!" He waved his arm in their direction, beckoning them to enter.

James took lead, his heart thrumming in his chest. It wasn't the first time he had to pretend to be somebody else. However it was his first time needing to fool his former boss. He led Luca and Ash to the front of the stage, twirling and leaping as a charismatic leader would while Ash raised his and Luca's joined hands up in the air. "We are the Johto Jesters Performance Troupe! I am Ringleader Ami, with our stars of the night, Rei and Ronal!" He said with a bow. As he stood he flourished his arms towards the other two. They were waving their other hands in the air in large pageant style arcs, with Ash's mask in the motioned hand. "For your pleasure tonight we will be inviting our own Master Cain out to weave you a wondrous tale of the origins of the orb and why we are gathered this evening. Then we will delight you with the dance of the first known Aura users, Queen Vi and her Vizier Anu!"

Ami was looking down from the mezzanine sitting next to Danni. "Huh,' she laughed, "he might be better than I am at this." His performing skills were extraordinary. Just then her Pokégear began to vibrate. She looked down and saw Melanie's contact info on the screen. She hit the talk button and brought it up to her ear and was met with half static and half frantic voice. "What's going on Melanie?"

"You... need... out... there!"

"I can't understand you. We don't have that great of a connection. Something must be going on with the signals. I've been trying to reach you guys the past few days."

"Graves... out... truck! ... recalled all... Pokémon... middle of the... locked... up! ... just got free!"

It took everything Ami had to not jump out of her seat. It was enough for her to understand what was happening. "How long ago was this?" It took them a week to get there, but they were a sizable group that had to set up and break down camp every evening and morning. Graves wouldn't have been as hindered.