• Chapter 43 •

Hope.

Such a misinterpreted word isn't it?
The meaning of the word changes for each individual.
For some, it's just a few letters stringed together.
But for others, it's a matter of life and death.

Everyone needs it but no one understands it.

Even the happiest people need hope. It's the only thing that keeps you alive. The only thing that keeps you moving forward.

My whole life I've spent running after hope. It was the one thing I desired the most even though I couldn't, and still can't, fully comprehend what it is. Hope can be found in anything. It can be an object, an animal, a human or even yourself. So many people seek hope without even knowing that they're doing it.

So close, yet, so far.

In reality, hope is all around you, you just need to know where to look. I always thought that the only way I could possibly get my hope back was if I got my vision back. But the truth was it wasn't my vision, or lack thereof, preventing me from allowing myself to have hope.

It was me, bottling up my emotions and shoving them into the back of my head, causing my hope to fall apart.

It was me, getting so caught up in my pity for myself that I didn't have time to look. 

My hope was in front of me the whole time and I didn't even realize.

My hope was in everyone I knew and loved. My hope was in my family, my hope was in my friends and my boyfriend.

Luca helped me finally realize that I didn't need to have my vision back to live my life. He made me realize that hope isn't about having everything go just the way you want, rather it's about who you surround yourself with and getting through the things that made you lose hope in the first place.

Hope is relative.

Some may find hope in something drastically different from another but what matter the most is the hope you find.

It just happens to be that my hope is the people around me.

As I laid under the stars with Luca's hand entwined with mine, I didn't need anything else. At that moment, he was my hope.

"What does the sky look like?" I asked, turning to face him.

I felt him shift next to me as well, feeling his breath against my face. "It looks like nothing at first, but then there are little starts making something out of the darkness," he said, and I smiled to myself.

"Was that supposed to be deep or something?" I asked with a chuckle and I felt him flick my forehead.

"Shut up, Ty," he said, with a small laugh.

I let out a small chuckle as I leaned in, planting a small kiss on his lips.

"I love you, Luca,"

I heard his breath hitch.

"I love you, too,"

• The End •