• Chapter 13 •

• Tyler •

There was a knock on my bedroom door causing me to jolt upright on my bed, my phone clutched in my hand.

"Hey, Ty? Can I come in?" I heard, Stacy's almost embarrassed voice ask.

"Um, yeah, come in!" I mumbled, turning my gaze back to my phone. I traced my finger across the screen causing the automated voice to read out the text message. My family had gotten this phone as my birthday present a year ago so that I could use my phone as anyone else can. Whatever I touch on my screen, it'll read it out to me. I heard Stacy tell me that it was some new software but I was too excited to care.

Not great, wbu?
-Luca

Turns out texting Luca is so much more fun than having our awkward social interactions. We both got to say whatever we wanted without having the awkwardness as a barricade since we both were too nervous to start a conversation in real life.

Same here.
I'll text you later, my sister's here.
-Tyler

K, bye.
-Luca

Bye, Luca.
-Tyler

I locked my phone turning my gaze to the door. I realized Stacy hadn't moved since she opened the door. "What's up?" I asked, warily. Stacy usually wasn't this quiet.

"What you doing?" She asked, changing the topic causing my suspicion to rise.

"I was just texting Luca," I said, shrugging at her.

"Oh, Angela's brother?" She asked, her voice sounding extremely strained.

"Yeah," I dragged, furrowing my eyebrows questioningly at her. "Anything wrong, Stace?"

"I-I-uh, I was meaning to tell you something," she stuttered, quickly.

"Did you kill someone? Cause I'm not helping you bury the body."

"What?! No," she fumbled, sounding terribly horrified causing me to snicker under my breath. "I wanted to tell you that, I uh, I have a boyfriend,"

"You have a what?" I gaped, incredulously.

"Yeah, his name is Mason." She said, awkwardly. Stacy Blue, my sister, had a boyfriend. Oh my god, the world is going to end.

"I'm-Is this a prank. Cause you got me!" I said, shaking my head in bewilderment. Stacy always complained about how relationships were too "caging", how guys would never understand her, how complicated it would be to have someone you had to please along with yourself and mainly about the fact that it was a "waste" of time.

Now, do you see why I'm so surprised?

"N-no, Mason's really nice and he just gets me, you know?" She said, sounding slightly far away.

What. Was. Happening?

"Is he now," I also, wriggling my eyebrows suggestively. Might as well get some entertainment out of this.

"Shut up!" She hissed, walking over to me sounding absolutely flustered.

"Spill," I said, grinning widely at my sister who had now creaked down on my bed.