Awkward

The steam from my current shower starts to clear my clouded senses as I rest my head against the cool tile. When you think things can’t get worse, they somehow do don’t they. I mean even when you say it in your head, ‘Well I’m at rock bottom, nothing worse can happen’ then miraculously something does. That’s kind of the situation I’m in now, and I don’t like it.

“Why me, I mean can’t I just have an easy life already?”

First it starts with having to see Him and Her everywhere, kissing, and loving each other. Then it’s having to have Max set me up on a not so blind date, with his best friend Andy, who happens to be my childhood bully. And now it’s that Max is coming here, with his friends probably in tow, meaning Nathan… How can I already have such a screwed up life at the age of 19?

With a swift movement, I rip open the curtain letting to cool air kiss my naked body. Goosebumps rise on my still sun kissed skin as I step out from the modern shower, water droplets still hanging on for dear life. Finding the fluffy blue towel I stole from the flat in London, I wrap it around my now curvaceous frame it hugging loosely.

After a good amount of drying off, and dressing I look presentable for a wonderful October night. Taking into consideration on where on earth we could be going I dress simply yet still a bit sexy. I’m going to show Mr. Brown that I’m no longer that child he used to pick on, but a grow woman that he can’t control anymore.  

I pull my gray sweater down more in the front while pulling up my jeans. I pull a beanie onto my unruly mess and take a second look in the mirror. The image that looks back is haunting, bringing back memories from my final day in London.

Dead, the first thing that comes to mind when you look into the lifeless green eyes that are staring back. Even after a long never ending year, they’re still dead after heartbreak. The once fire filled orbs are now burnt out, the gold sparks extinguished long ago.

“What happened to the once beautiful girl that I knew?”

His soothing voice reverberates throughout my mind, making chills run down my spine. His green eyes becoming clear in the corner of my mirror, a scrutinizing look came from them. I can’t help but hang my head in defeat, knowing that getting over him was going to be near impossible.

“Rebbeca, babe. Don’t do this to yourself please? You’re too precious.”

My heart now melts when his soft Nottingham accent shoos the Gloucester one away. Immediately, my head rises to see blue eyes starting to appear, making a small smile appear onto my face. It’s not a happy smile, but a sad smile. A smile that’s sad because of how I played one of the sweetest men I’ve ever met.

“Are you just gonna keep staring at yourself? I’m mean; I know you’re a narcissist but damn girl!”

A scream almost escapes my mouth before the voice recognition software in the noggin kicks in. With an eye roll, unattractive snort, and impressive turn I’m facing a smirking Jess. As you may remember from a while ago Jess is this wonderful, talented, beautiful, pretty much amazing singer from Big Kicks. She also happens to frequently stop by and tell me about how successful she’s getting and is trying to tag me along with it.

“Well hello to you to Jessica. You know, you could’ve warned me that you were coming over.”

“And miss seeing you looking this good? Damn girl! Max really set you up on a hot date didn’t he?

My eye brow arches at her statement, making a giggle escape her mouth. I can’t help but envy her beauty, with once long hair now cut to shoulder length making her features still pop. I bite my lip, giving her a shrug before going over to my desk and turning on my computer.