Mountain climbing time

"Are you really going to leave me?" Aden asked for the tenth time. I nodded packing my bag, he was so annoying. He wanted me all to himself but Brandon was my best friend. "Brandon and I do it every year, this will be good. You can hang out with Josh more"  Aden was still pouting like a kid when I gave him a light kiss goodbye and skipped out the trailer door. We were still on set but they didn't need me for awhile. So Brandon and I are going to go on our annual trip. The horn of Brandon's truck honked and I gave him a slight wave. We were both pretty excited about this, him and I haven't been alone and together for a long time. I threw my blue backpack in the back with Brandon's green one. My bag was more of a school bag while his was more of a professional one. Brandon leaned over from the driver seat and opened the passenger's door for me, I acted shocked while getting into the car. "My Brandon is turning into a gentlemen?" He smiled at me as he started the car and we got rolling. I couldn't believe we were going hiking again . I mean we always use to but I thought it was all over when he moved. Most of the time when we go hiking we climb this mountain type thing, but sometimes we just go into the woods. "I thought you wouldn't leave Aden for little old me" Brandon said. Was he playing the abandon dog act? "Yea Aden and I are like bunnies I needed to leave so he wouldn't get bored with my body" I joked. Even though you might of thought it was wrong it sure broke the ice between us and after that it was like it was when there was no Aden. The car ride even though it was like three hours felt nothing like that. Every detail of our life's that the other one did not know yet just spilled out and I was more relieved than ever, Brandon was my other half. At least my friend half, my soul mate half well I think it is Aden but I'm not 100% sure. "Can you believe how old were getting?" Brandon asked as he pulled into the woods. I didn't want to answer because it was some what frightening. We both found people we like, I'm already married, and we're only in high school. The car bumping and jerking around crazily brought me back to my senses. Even though we did it every year I was still not use to it. When the trees started to thin I couldn't have been more relieved, soon the ground would become soft and even, then we would be out and exploring. "The trip here seems shorter than most" Brandon said as we pulled into the clearing where we leave the car. "Probably because on other trips we wanted to hang in the great outdoors, on this one we just want to hang as bff's again" he shrugged like the truth didn't matter. I leaned my head on the seat and sighed in contempment. When I'm with Brandon I'm at ease. Then the car stopped. My eyes opened as fast as possible, I might like hanging with Brandon and I might like animals and being outside for awhile, but I didn't like being in the wild for a day or two. "Are you sure you don't want to go to cedar point?" I asked him one more time. He laughed as he climbed out of the truck and I knew there was no going back, now that he got out of the truck that is. Following his lead I also got out of the truck. Brandon already had his pack on and was walking into the woods. "Brandon! you said you wouldn't leave me behind!" I yelled frantically pulling my bag out as fast as I could, of course with my luck it was caught on something so I pulled even harder until finally the object holding my pack released it and then I went flying to the ground. I jumped to my feet though, not caring how I looked just not wanting to be alone. "Brandon wait" I could hear him doing a evil laugh and then he was running. Instinct took over and I ran into the woods calling after him.

When I finally reached the brat he was sitting on a log. He lifted his head after awhile realizing I wasn't saying anything. I was going to give him the evil glare to make him say sorry but before I could work my charm he was laughing at me! "Brandon, why are you laughing at me?" I asked through gritted teeth. Him and I were normally like this, but since I haven't seen him in awhile I was not use to his antics. "Your hair has a leaf in it and you clothes have dirt on them, we've been here for less than 5 minutes and already your one with the woods?" I glared at him while he talked but it wasn't a very good glare because I looked stupid searching for the leaf with my hands. He laughed at me again as I dusted the dirt off me. "What? you don't like being one with nature?" He asked playfully. "Did we come into these woods so that you could make fun of me?" He sat there actually looking like he was thinking about it, then he nodded. "Of course, why else would we willingly come here?" He asked as if I was stupid. My mouth dropped from how serious he said it. I walked past him pushing him slightly then continuing on my way into the woods, we were heading to the mountain and I wanted to get there before it was dark. "Hurry up slow poke I won't always wait for you, don't you know?" I said while leaving him to catch up with me this time. He jogged to me, looking annoyed. "Seriously if anything I did not come to these woods to get exercise" I laughed at him, he was thin but he had less muscle than most guys. "You could use some though" He acted offended and we walked side by side and quiet for awhile both of us in a good mood. It didn't take long to get there but since were both too lazy to actually do all this without a stop we decided to have a snack before climbing. Both of us had a granola bar, we ate then came to the decision to stop on the first base. The first base was the first real clearing that is on the mountain and it was a place we could sleep but it was the tip top clearing which let us see everything. "You ready?" He asked. I think now he was regretting his choice of the woods, since I was the better climber. "I was born ready to do this stuff" I said. To me climbing was better than walking through the woods, it seems I trip there more than I ever trip anywhere else. Soon I was far ahead of Brandon and I had to slow down so we could still talk. "Where ever you've been living has made you weak" I told him as we neared the first base. I got over the edge and waited for him, it took him a few minutes but then I was helping him over and he was red in the face. "I.... Hate... climbing" he said in between breaths. We made a compromise long ago that if I had to go into the woods then he had to climb the mountain, I hated falling repeatedly and he hated heights, in the end we were even. He laid on the ground looking off and I knew what he was thinking. " These trees get taller and taller every year" I said for him. He nodded and pulled off his pack. I understood what he was getting at he wanted to start camp, and so while he was recovering I decided I would take care of camp.

When I was done he finally recovered and I had the slight suspicion that he only acted like he needed to recover. We both laid on the sleeping bags looking up and the stars and sighed. "It's nice that we finally get to hang again" Brandon said. My eyes were slowly falling and I heard him slightly say that and I mumbled in response "Yea" and before I fell asleep I knew that today was one of the best days in my life.