I should have seen this coming

The birds chirped around us and the sun was blazing down on us but still Brandon did not get up. I couldn't believe he was sleeping so peacefully. "Come on Brandon wake up" he didn't even stir. I sighed looking at him. Then I got up and flicked him in the head. "Hey Tara be nicer" he groaned slowly getting up. "I've been waiting for like ever" I said waiting patiently as he stretched. He got a water bottle and splashed some water on his face. "Did you make anything?" I looked at him like he's crazy. "What did you expect me to make? eat some of the canned food or a health bar" He got out peanut butter and started to eat some of it. "Don't eat to much that you get sick" I then walked away from him to get my boots. "So are we going to make it up this hill?" He asked while licking peanut butter off a spoon. I rolled my eyes at him "Not if you take forever to eat" He stuck the plastic spoon in his mouth, and got on his shoes. "Let's go!" I yelled suddenly getting bored of us doing nothing. He jumped and then let off a nervous laugh. "You are to hyper" he yawned and walked slowly to me getting ready to climb. "Don't mess up today Brandon we don't have the time I want to get home in a few days" Brandon seemed to agree and gathered our gear. "It's not to far up" I said while putting on my gear and beginning to climb up the mountain. Brandon followed right behind. "I hope we get down this mountain before something bad happens" Brandon muttered. It seemed like tradition, Brandon always muttered that and stuff never happen but it till seemed like tempting fate. "Don't jinx it" I was climbing with ease but Brandon was having some difficulties. "My arms are sore" He moaned in pain slowly climbing. I looked down at him smiling "Don't be so lame" I continued to climb and Brandon caught up and this time he reached the top before me. I think it was because he wanted to show off.  I gawked when he lend me a hand to help me up. "Don't be a show off, or else karma will come and bite you in the butt" He laughed while pulling me onto the next landing. It was  such a beautiful place. It had sparse grass but the view of the trees and the sky with the birds flying in it was amazing. "Don't do anything stupid" I told him setting down my bags. I felt like a mom telling him what to do but Brandon seemed helpless sometimes. Brandon headed off to explore more, because this ledge was pretty big and had a tree or two on it. While he was off I checked my cell to see if I got any reception. But of course surrounded by trees and a mountain there was none, for some reason this always freaked me out. After that I just looked at the sky waiting for Brandon to come back and not wanting to go look for in case he was going pee. But after fifteen minutes I knew I was giving him way to much time to himself. So I decided I was going to find him. This ledge wasn't that big that he could disappear, if I couldn't find him in ten minutes or less he's either hiding or fell off the mountain. Luckily though all I had to do was walk all the way to the other side of the ledge to find him. The condition I found him in was the unlucky part. His ankle was sprained and the palm of his hand was cut. "Were you having a war by yourself?" I asked trying to find the funny part in this. Brandon wasn't a very skilled climber already and now a cut and a sprained ankle, If he tried climbing down I'm sure he'd fall to his doom. Brandon looked gloomy. "Why didn't you call me over? You've been sitting here for how many minutes doing nothing?" He let out a long sigh then he looked at me. "I'm so stupid, I was hoping that if I sat here long enough I'd feel better so we could leave" I wish I could of told him how stupid his idea was but he looked like he was about to cry and that was the last thing I needed. I lifted Brandon up and then he put an arm around me so that he could limp. "Stop doing stupid things!" I growled walking with him to where our gear was. I got out the first aid kit and wrapped his hand then I told him to suck up on the whole sprained ankle thing. "I don't know what were going to do Brandon" I didn't continue, because I didn't want him to know all my fears. Like how were we going to get down? I couldn't just leave him and his ankle wasn't just going to heal on it's own. There was also the option of waiting and seeing if anyone comes to get us. But I don't know how long our food will last us. "Your worried, right?" he asked with fear laced into his words, and fear is a disease that spreads fast. His little amount of fear added onto my fears. "Of course not, I just need time to myself to think things through. Why don't you try to sleep?" I wanted to ask him so badly if I could leave him to get help but who knew how long I'd be gone and what happens if he needs something? No I couldn't leave Brandon it would be like abandoning a loyal pet. I watch as Brandon laid his head down on one of the blankets we brought and how he slowly drifted to sleep. I then went to the edge of the ledge and sat down dangling my feet, thinking about how the hell Brandon and I were going to make it down there.