Rescued, but new problems arrive.

Aden's POV

"Tara has been gone to long" I complained to Josh who looked just as bored as I did. He seemed even worse off with Tara and Brandon gone. "Maybe we should surprise them and go get them" Josh offered and I gave him a curious look, normally I would suggest that we ruin their time together. "That's a good idea" How long did Tara expect me to wait for her? I already haven't been with her enough. Mr. Polar aka Tara's dad then came in. "What are you boys up to?" he asked. My father was right on his tail and they both looked happy. "Please don't make us hang out with you guys again" Josh said groaning, Mr. Polar glared at us. "Ok we won't ask were just going to the mountain to check on Tara" They were going where Tara was now this changed things. This was a perfect chance to check up on her without looking like a concern husband. "Well a climb could do us good" I said acting like that was all I wanted. My dad gave us a look. "Now we wouldn't want to force you guys to hang with us old folks" He said and I gave a quick glare at Josh so he'd know it was his fault we were begging. Not to mention we needed Tara's dad since he was the only one who knew where they were. Of course to get what I wanted I had to play mind games with Mr. Polar until finally I broke down fell onto my knees and begged them to take us with them. Thankfully Mr. Polar was there and he had a heart because my father was ruthless and just wanted to taunt me. I swear from now on he'll never forget or let go of me begging them to take me.

Tara's POV

Brandon was trying not to show pain to ease my mind but it seemed he couldn't hold it for long then as if on cue a whimper escaped from his slightly parted lips. "I'm sorry I can't do anything to help you" I mumbled even to an injured friend I did not like to admit defeat. I did the most I could for him, putting him under the tree for shelter and shade. All my effort though does not change the predicament that we were in. My father was probably silently worried by now because he never put his fears into words so as not to make his fears come true. "Tara" Brandon called and he left his sentence hanging as if not sure if he should continue. After a few words of encouragement he went on with a sentence "Do you think they'll come rescue us?" he asked. They'll was a broad word. He could be talking of my dad, his family, god, Aden, Josh, maybe even another hiker even though that was more unlikely. But I nodded to his question, then I realized that his eyes were closed and I spoke my words. "I believe so but I don't want to get your hopes up" My mind then wandered leaving Brandon to relax maybe he'd heal some. I was sure my father was worried maybe even Aden. A smile crept onto my face, no Aden definitely wasn't going to let me stay out much longer in the mountains with just Brandon. He was probably mad at me for being on the mountain for so long. But I don't mind as long as he comes for me. Then rain began to fall and my hopes dwindled, but for now I needed to deal with the present and my injured friend.

Aden's POV

By the time we took the ride and found Brandon's truck rain was hitting our car like bullets and thunder rumbled while lightning flashed through the sky lighting our path for awhile. I was pretty positive you weren't suppose to climb in this kind of weather but Mr. Polar face was set and looked utterly determined to find Tara today. This was far to dangerous though the trees were high and were likely to draw lightning towards them. Was Tara out of her mind staying out on that mountain in this weather. I know she wants to hang out with Brandon badly, but enough to stay out in this storm? I wouldn't even stay out in it for money. Mr. Polar didn't stop for an umbrella he got out of the car as soon as it stopped and he began to run through the woods, the dirt of the forest floor turning into mud and flying up with his strides spraying all over. We all followed right after him. His fears spread to us and he didn't even need to speak. Could Tara really be that much in danger? I wondered as I ran behind them all mud flying all over me. Why did she have to be so reckless? When I got her back I was not going to let her out of my sights. It seemed like forever until finally the mountain was in sight and we all went at a extra sprint. When we reached the bottom of the mountain we all stopped. "Were going to climb this without gear guys and it's raining so be careful and make sure you got a hold before shifting weight" Mr. Polar yelled as he put himself onto the mountain wall and he began to climb. One hand or foot off at a time. We all followed behind him as the wind hollowed pass us blowing our clothes and hair blocking my vision. Some mud was on the mountain making it harder to manage but it seemed we made it up to a landing safe and sound. I looked around to see if Tara was there but she wasn't and then I saw Mr. Polar begin to climb farther. My hopes dropped, we have to go all the way up there? Tara always had to have it the hard way or no way at all. Reluctantly I followed them up the mountain because now that I knew how high up she was I couldn't help but fear for her life. Why did she have to tear at my heart like this? It took what felt like forever to get up to the next landing but we were rewarded with a good thing and a bad thing. The first thing I noticed was a soaked Tara and how nice her clothes fitted her body then I saw Brandon who looked in pain. Josh and my father rushed to Brandon while Mr. Polar and I ran to Tara. Her body was shivering and she looked up at us with hope in her eyes and I held her as close as I could. She began to explain what happened and soon Mr. Polar came up with an amazing plan. Some how( which I barely remember ) we got Brandon down and Josh and my dad took him to the hospital while Mr. Polar and I drove back to the camp. I carried Tara into our trailer and I warmed a hot bath for her. She took one which felt like forever, she then came out wet haired and with pajamas on. She laid next to me in bed and slipped into sleep. Thankfully she was home safely.

Mr. Polar's POV

I was happy my daughter got home safe. I was sure something worse happened but it seems I was just scared over nothing. Then my phone rang. I was just outside of the hospital to go and check up on Brandon who was like a son to me. "Hello" I answer and the reply on the other line wasn't very reassuring. I then had one of the worse conversations in my life time.