Poached Salmon, Spinach, And Potato Salad

Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4

Ingredients
1 pound fingerling potatoes

Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

1 skin-on salmon fillet (1 pound), preferably wild, room temperature

6 tablespoons unsalted butter

2 tablespoons minced shallot

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

3 tablespoons sherry vinegar

8 ounces spinach, tough stems removed, well washed and spun dry

½ cup packed mint leaves

Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, for serving

Directions
1. Combine potatoes and 1 tablespoon kosher salt in a straight-sided skillet; add enough water to cover. Boil until potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of a knife, 10 to 12 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl; cover to keep warm. Generously season fish with kosher salt and pepper. Gently lower into skillet, skin-side down, adding more water if fish is not fully submerged. Return to a boil; then remove from heat, cover and let stand until fish is just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes (depending on thickness of fillet). Transfer to a plate, skin-side up; cover to keep warm.

2. Brown butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and immediately whisk in shallot, Dijon, and vinegar (mixture will foam and splatter). Season generously with kosher salt and pepper; cover to keep warm.

3. Halve potatoes and toss with spinach, mint, and two-thirds of vinaigrette; divide evenly among 4 plates. Remove skin from fish; drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Flake into several pieces, divide among salads, and serve, sprinkled with flaky salt.