Chapter 25

Mia's POV

There's always something about the beach that I love. It's so calm and peaceful and I could sit and watch the waves for hours and not get bored. Collecting sea shells, swimming, everything. Except on some occasions where I accidentally swallow salty sea water. When we arrived there was barely any time for me to take in the beautiful sights because Esmey dragged me to the bathroom so we could change. The guys went off to find a place to set up. After putting on my one piece I exit the cubicle and make use of the long mirror to see how I look. All my cuts are on display. I really want to go out like this but I'm too self conscious. I'm not that comfortable in my skin. Never have been. Self love is quite a long journey that I'm still tackling.

"Mia I know what you're thinking, you look beautiful like that. You are beautiful No need to hide your body. I know you have something stuffed in your bag to put on before we go out."

I look up and see Esmey come out from her cubicle with a sad look on her face. I hang my head and say nothing. She walks up to me and gives me a hug.

"All these years and till now I wish you saw what everyone else sees. There's no reason for you to hide. Embrace yourself. Embrace your body. I know it's tough for you but I'm here. Let's walk out together. As we are now. If you get too uncomfortable I'll understand and then you can wear something over. Deal?" she said as she pulls back with a hopeful look and gives me a peck on the cheek which made me smile. I contemplated it for a few seconds. Xavier is out there. What would he say? What would he think? He's never had the opportunity to see all my scars there for him to look at for a long period of time. I'd always end up hiding it. Is this something I'm really prepared to do right now? I sigh deeply and give in.

"I'll try. Lets go." I say as I gather the confidence and courage that I need for this.

Esmey looks proud as fuck right now. This is a big stepping stone not only for me but for her as well. We've always had these talks about how I should accept myself as I am. But like I said self love is a journey. This is just one of the many baby steps that I'm taking to reach that point of accepting myself. We exit the bathroom and put on our sunglasses as we search for the boys. We spot them not so far. They found a shady spot. Thank the lord. Okay here goes nothing. As we near them I see both of them looking in our direction. I can't really make out Xavier's expression. Is he disgusted? Surprised? I really can't tell. As we reach them and put our bags down, Xavier makes a whistling sound which makes me blush and smile like a fool.

"All I'm gonna say is hot damn! " He says as he looks at me from head to toe. Usually I would feel self conscious but right now, at this very moment dare I say that I feel really beautiful just because of his reaction? How does this man do this to me?

"Hot damn indeed" Leo says as he spanks Esmey on her ass which makes her shriek with laughter.

"Thank you very much for the compliments gentlemen. But for lets hit the waves before Mia melts as a result of how much she's blushing right now." She winks before making a sprint to the waves. I shake my head in embarrassment as Xavier and Leo laugh at what she said.

"That bitch." I laugh as I make eye contact with Xavier for a few seconds. The asshole has the audacity to wink at me with his million dollar smile. Did he not just hear that he's the reason that I'm burning up right now? I just shake my head and playfully shove him causing him to stumble a bit.

"Race you guys." And with that I run to join Esmey. Xavier and Leo few steps behind me. Leo dives in and grabs Esmey submerging her under water. She comes up gasping for air and all he can do is break into fits of laughter which makes us all laugh as she glares at us all. She then jumps at him and does the same to him.