Chapter 4

Mia's POV

Men are great at doing this thing where they constantly mistreat and manipulate women in private and once they successfully push her to her wits end they turn to everyone and say "Look at her, damn she's crazy." But they will never tell you how they drive her there.

I could hardly sleep last night. I got touched twice yesterday and it really wasn't sitting well with me. Fucken Twice! Jason grabbing my ass at school and then that green eyed Adonis who kissed me. I feel so filthy. Why are men like this? Don't get me wrong. Not all men are the same. They're all disappointing in their own unique way Hello women are human, not toys. You can't just touch and treat us like how you want and feel.

I've been awake since 4am. I only slept for about 2 hours. Great even the one thing I looked forward to every night was ruined. We got back pretty late from the party.

It's now 6am and I'm sitting watching TV. I decided to go get myself a third cup of coffee. Hey I needed something to get me through the day since I got no sleep. Entering the kitchen I found Leo.

He was wearing nothing but boxers...

Now I wasn't one of those girls who go all crazy and drool by seeing any man half naked. Especially if that man is Leo. And besides I'm used to seeing Leo like this due to how much time we both spend here at Esmey's house. I'm here most of the time cause I hate being under the same roof as my parents. I just can't stand them. And Leo practically lives here. You'd swear Esmey and him were married.

He was busy pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Morning" I sighed jumping to sit on the counter.

"Morning Mia" he replied with a smile handing me the pot of coffee. Yup he knew that drinking coffee in the morning was part of my daily routine.

"So how are you feeling? I heard what happened with Kyle yesterday." He said sympathetically. I just sighed.

"Just Kyle being an asshole as usual. I'm so sick and tired of him and his squad treating me like shit."

Leo just looked at me for a second, contemplating what to say.

"I know it's not my place to say anything bit Esmey told me everything and for what it's worth I just want to say you can't let people scare you. You can't go your whole life trying to please other either. You can't go through life worried about what everyone is going to think. You can't let the judgment of others stop you from being you Mia. Because if you do, you're no longer you. You're someone everyone else wants you to be. I've known you for almost four years. You're such a strong person and i really admire that about you."

I had nothing to say so I just opened up my arms. This made him laugh and he stepped into my arms as I hugged him tightly.

"I needed to hear that so thank you."

"You know I'm always available for pep talks man" He replied as he stepped back to take his mug from the table and raise it up to clink it with mine. Leo is literally such a sweet human being. My brother from another mother I tell you. We both just sat there drinking our coffee making small talk about the party and other random things. After a while Esmey came downstairs yawning looking refreshed. She greeted both of us and then made her way to Leo and planting more than just a good morning kiss. Okay gross.

"What was that for" Leo asked laughing after Esmey pulled away.

"Oh nothing" she replied. Then she leaned over to whisper something in his ear.

"To say I wasn't tempted would be an understatement so I think I deserve way more than just that kiss babe." he winked pulling her in for another kiss. Ew if this is how they are with people around them I don't even want to imagine what they're like when they're alone.

I cleared my throat "Hello I don't think I asked for a live front row seat of you two about to do the dirty."

They pulled away and turned to look at me sheepishly.

"I can't help myself." Leo shrugged as he took another sip from his coffee. Esmey shook her head as she went to get a mug for herself.

"Okay so I decided we're having lunch together later" Esmey said.

"Okay cool beans. But you're paying this time" I replied. All of sudden my phone starts ringing. No one hardly calls me so I wonder who it could be. Checking the caller ID, it was my mum. Wow she actually knows my number. Oh I feel so loved mummy I sarcastically thought to myself. Ugh what does she want from me now? I showed Esmey the caller ID and she cringed.

"It's too early for this."

"Good luck." She teased.

I shook my head and excused myself to answer.