Chapter 13

Xavier's POV

The boat started lightly rocking as I took Mia's hand and led her to the table set up inside. The atmosphere was much warmer here and we had a fantastic view despite it being dark. I pulled her chair and she said thank you as she sat down.

"soooo" I said.

"soooooooo" she said smiling as I laughed.

"So tell me about yourself Mia Thompson."

"What do you wanna know Xavier Hernandez?"

"Oh we're on full name basis now are?" raising my eyebrow at her in which she just laughed.

"Tell me everything about you" I smiled. Just as she was about to speak up, the chef arrived.

"Are you ready to order sir?"

"Yes Tom. What would you like to eat Mia?"

"What's on the menu?" she smiled looking at Tom. You can have me. I thought to myself.

"Anything you'd like madam." she looked stunned for a while.

"Tom is like our personal family chef and is really good. He can make anything and I mean anything. As long as it's American." I explained "basically he's like a walking restaurant" I laughed.

"Okay I'll have a burger and some fries?" she said looking uncertain.

"Of course. And you sir?"

"I'll have the same. Thank you Tom" He nodded and headed towards the kitchen. Yes we have a small kitchen on this boat.

"Oh Tom please bring us a bottle of wine while we wait for the food." after he brought us a bottle Mia and I were alone once again.

"So Mia" I said as I put my elbow on the table and chin on my palm "Go on" I smiled.

"There's nothing to tell really, I'm a pretty boring person" she chuckled.

"Then I like boring." she blushed at that comment. "You're cute when you blush" I blurted out by mistake thinking out loud. This caused her to blush even more. I can tell she's not really used to compliments. Bummer. Cause from now and in the future she's gonna be getting a lot of them from me.

"Since you won't tell me we're gonna play 20 questions so what's your favorite color?" I explained. She laughed.

"Yellow."

"Ah. Mine is green and orange."

"Animal?"

"I love animals so all." I nodded and told her I too love all animals,

"Movie?" she pondered for a while.

"Don't have one." And just like that we continued to ask and answers questions back and forth.

*20 minutes later*

I learned a lot about Mia. Like she's in love with drawing and loves art, adores small children, loves reading and wants to publish a book one day. She also asked me questions about myself. I told her about my dreams of becoming a teacher and how my father doesn't approve of it. I also mentioned that my mother was Sarah Hernandez and Mia went into fangirl mode and went on about how she loves my mothers work. I promised her that I'll introduce her to my mum. She also asked about my brother but I told her I didn't want to talk about him which she understood. My brother and I's relationship wasn't the best. We haven't spoken properly for the past 3 years. Tom brought our food and silence fell upon us. I then remembered the mental note about asking Mia about her scars. I'm really hesitant because I don't know how she'll react.