Chapter 16

Esmey and I spent the entire morning today getting ready for tonight. Yup, the big night is here. And somehow we managed to twist Xavier's arm so he could send in his mums' hair and makeup stylist Kayla and can I just say, this women is fucken amazing! And she did it free of charge. Well that's what Xavier said but knowing him he probably paid the woman. Not that I'm complaining. This women's work does not come cheap. I decided to go get lunch before Kayla started with my makeup. Because once my make ups done, there's nowhere to go but straight to the party. Literally. My costume is amazing if I may say so myself. I'm wearing a sugar skull gothic kind of costume. It's tight fitting and is made to appear like a skeleton body. And it's black. Black is such a happy color so why not! And my makeup is gonna be quite heavy so that's why I'm going to get lunch now. Esmey and Leo are going as Gomez and Morticia Addams which I think is absolutely genius. The costumes they bought match the exact same thing they wear in the film. You know Morticia has that beautiful yet dead pale look? Yeah so Esmey's make up has to make her look like that which Kayla reckons will be a piece of cake. And I really don't know how Leos going to pull off the Gomez look, but I guess I'll see him later. Then ladies and gentlemen you get Xavier Hernandez going in the most cliché costume known to man. Batman.

Word around the school is that last years seniors would be joining us for the party tonight. That means its Xavier's class. Till today I don't know how I never notice having someone famous in my school. I know I don't socialize with everyone or know everyone but I think I would've noticed someone like him. Seeing that tonight is compulsory, I'm planning to stay for an hour then leave. I don't do well with crowds and after what happened at the last party I've been to and the last few days, I don't have the energy to face this one. And knowing that Jason and his friends will be there means it'll be hell for me. I wasn't always like this though. Believe it or not I once was a wild party person. I drank, did drugs, slept with other guys. I was with the popular kids. But it was all before my entire life changed. I moved here to California 3 years ago to be with Esmey. She moved here 2 years before I did. We kept in touch every single day. My parents said since she and I were inseparable, it would be good for us to move here. So I came to California a whole new, yet completely damaged person. And I'm still damaged and I don't think I'll ever be fixed. He made me that way. It's all his fault that I am who I am today. It's his fault I don't trust or love so easily. It's his fault I went into depression. It's his fault I'll never be able to love myself.

Shaking my head I crossed the road. I took a walk to the nearby restaurant which is only 2 blocks away from us. I placed my order and took a seat by the window.

"Funny seeing you here." I looked up to see Leo. I got up and hugged him. I always felt comfortable around Leo. Always safe. He's like the big brother I never had and I actually trust him. I guess you can say he's my second best friend.

"I just came here to get us lunch and make my way to you guys." He laughed as we pulled out of the hug and he took the seat next to mine.

"I had to get out of the house and plus I'm starving." I laughed. Leo ordered himself food as well so here we are now eating lunch together.

"You excited for tonight?"

"meh not really." I replied as I took I sip of my drink.

"We could always ditch you know."

"Yeah so Esmey can slaughter us both." I laughed.

"Okay good point. Fear not for we shall run away together some other time milady!" He stated dramatically.

"They'll never approve." I sighed acting equally dramatic as him. This conversation went on for 10 minutes until we couldn't do it much longer and just burst out laughing. People sitting around gave us looks which shut us up. My phone vibrated in my pocket. It was a message from Esmey.