Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Mia's POV

Rose was one of the rich and popular girls in our school. So basically the whole school was here. Just great.

"Esmey there are too many people here for my liking. Evacuate. I repeat evacuate." I whispered to her.

"Oh lighten up and have fun Mia! This is the first big party you've been to in a while. Will you at least do that for me?" She batted her eyelashes at me.

Ugh the things I'd do for this girl.

"Fine. I'll try. Point me to the booze." I rolled my eyes.

"Yay thank you! Now let's go have fun!" she yelled pulling me further into the house where everyone was dancing. Leo walking behind us. Everyone was dancing to Wiggle by Jason Derulo and Snoop Dog. Man I love this song! Mostly everyone was drunk from what I could see, with a few people in clusters sitting around outside either making out, dancing somewhere, drinking or just talking. The occasional drunk person stumbling around. The party flowed out to the backyard as well. Esmey and I found a spot in the very spacious living room and started moving along to the beat. Leo found some friends so he stood with them while watching us claiming that he needs to keep an eye on us. The music was so loud that it made my skin tingle and my lungs feel like mush. The bass thumped in time with my heart beat as though they were one, filling me from head to toe with music. I liked this song. The song that was playing got louder, pulling me in and wouldn't let go. I had no choice but to join the crowd, jumping in a huddled group like Tic-Tacs being shaken in a box. After a while I got tired and excused myself to head to the bar for a drink. I poured the first thing that was in front of me and took a sip. This tasted good. I'm contemplating taking the whole bottle. I'm sure no one would notice. I grabbed the bottle and decided to go chill outside. I found the pool area deserted which was surprising. Who comes to a party and doesn't take it to the pool? I sat down and started drinking. Softly humming and singing along to The Weeknd. I'm not usually one that drinks her sorrows away, but hey Hakuna Matata! I was suddenly startled by this really drunk guy. He couldn't even walk straight. He then collapsed. I quickly ran to see if he was okay. Good he just passed out. I starred at this guy. He was really cute. He had a mop of curly hair. I don't think he's in our school because I've never seen him before. I couldn't just go and leave this guy here alone. I may be a bitch but not a total one. To my surprise he wasn't that heavy. I somehow managed pick him up and put one arm around my neck and tried to drag him back towards the house. All of a sudden he woke up, "I Love You" He said grabbing my face between his hands and planting a kiss on my lips and ran off laughing. Wait, drunk guys can't run without falling right? What the fuck? He ran towards a group standing by the rose bushes. I couldn't see their faces but they all started laughing when the curly guy approached them, high fiving and patting him on the back.

What the Fuck. Seriously? Did he just pretend to be drunk? Okay I have had enough.

I stormed inside the house to look for Esmey. I've only been here for two hours and I was already ready to go home. I found her with Leo. She was sitting on his lap and giggling like an idiot. Oh Great. She's a drunken mess too.

"Leo would you mind taking us home now. I think she's had enough." I said. Speaking more about myself than her honestly.

"Sure thing Mia." He Smiled. "Looks like you've both had enough."

I sighed in relief. I get to go home and forget this stupid party even happened. On our way out I saw the same guy from the pool. He was looking at me. I'm only realizing now that he has these beautiful piercing green eyes. He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. I guess he must get used to that, the sudden pause in a person's natural expression when they looked his way followed by overcompensating with a nonchalant gaze and a weak smile. Yup he's cute as fuck. I gladly gave a fake smile and raised my middle finger at him. He looked stunned for a moment but then looked away to talk to some guy standing next to him.

"Hey Leo, who's that guy standing there with the red plaid shirt?" I whispered trying not to make it look like we weren't talking about him and so Esmey couldn't hear me and open her big ass mouth and embarrass me. Leo scanned faces till he saw who I was talking about.

"Never seen him in my life." He said shaking his head.

"Same."

"Why?" He smirked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Shut up." I shoved him playfully. "I'm just asking that's all."

I looked at the guy to see him still starring at me. He smirked then winked. How weird.

A few minutes later we pulled up to Esmey's house. She doesn't live that far from me so I decided I'm sleeping over tonight. After that I went into the guest room which was kind of my room due to how many times Leo and I slept over. Esmey's parents were Humanitarians. They travel all over the world helping those in need which is pretty cool. I sighed and took off the tight dress hanging it on the chair by the desk. I crawled into bed feeling tired as fuck but sleep wouldn't take over me...

Leo's POV

Coming to this party was a mistake. Esmey's drunk and Mia's nowhere to be found. Drunk Esmey is like dealing with a child. She's so hard to handle like this sometimes! I dragged her with me to find somewhere to sit, suddenly she just plopped down on the middle of the dancefloor, crossed her arms, stretched her legs and looked up at me and pouted. Gosh she was so cute.

"Babe please get up" I asked trying not to laugh at her adorable behaviour.

"No I like sitting here." she replied. I just sighed and picked her like a child, her legs wrapped around my waist as she giggled. I made my way to the living room which was less crowded. I sat down on the sofa and pulled Esmey onto my lap making her straddle me.

"Hehehe you're so cute when you're frustrated" she said poking my eye and laughing softly.

"Ow what the hell Esmey that hurt!" my hands covering my eye in pain. "Why'd you have drink so much? You know how much I hate it when you do. Plus it seems like we dragged Mia with us this time. We could've had fun while you were sober. But no yo-"

I was cut off when she planted her lips on mine. She put her arms around my neck. I won't say I wasn't enjoying this but Esmey wasn't in the correct state of mind and we weren't alone I pulled away and laughed as she whimpered at the loss of contact.

"Not now babe." I said pushing hair that fell across her face back. I need to get her home now like now. I'm like super tired and only came for Esmey's sake. If only Mia was here so we could go. The thought of Mia wandering around also made me worry. Knowing her, she probably locked herself in some room upstairs to avoid socializing. She as well, only here for Esmey's sake. As if she read my mind, I saw her making her way to us. She plopped down nest to me irritated.

"Leo would you mind taking us home now? I think she's had enough." she asked. Guess she wasn't haven't fun either.

"Sure thing Mia." I smiled. ""Looks like you've both had enough."

Carrying Esmey, the three of us made our way out.

"Hey Leo, who's that guy standing there with the red plaid shirt?" Mia whispered making me stop to look who she's talking about. I found him but I couldn't see his face as he turned sideways to talk to someone.

I shook my head. "Never seen him in my life."

----

We reached Esmey's house in about 15 minutes. After wishing Mia a goodnight I took Esmey straight to her room. Her parents were away for work so she was alone. Not the first time this happened. Her parents were hardly home. Their work keeping them away most of the time. And I blame them for Esmey's partying obsession. Mia was downstairs calling her parents to let them know she was staying over. That girl confuses me. I have nothing against her. She's actually a really amazing person if you ask me. She's just so in her own world and likes being alone most of the time. I wonder what made her this way. But hey it's none of my business. I really like her. I see her as a sister. We are really good friends. Well I like to think that we are. Everybody's so quick to judge her. She's actually pretty cool and we get along great. Sighing I pulled Esmey's dress off and dressed her in more comfortable clothes and then took of all my clothes but stayed in my boxers and joined her in bed pulling her to me as I place a soft kiss on her head. She was already snoring. I pulled her closer to me and dozed off to sleep as well.