Chapter 14

Mia's pov

I came to fetch Ethan and was hoping that he didn't spend the rest of the day crying like he was this morning. Because just like me, he's very sensitive and emotional. To my relief I found him laughing and running around with Xavier. Yup I'm surprised to see him here.

"Mia!" Ethan shouted as he ran towards me.

"Ethan!" I yelled back as he jumped into my arms laughing.

"Xavier said he's taking me out to the park for ice-cream again today." he said excitedly. I looked over at Xavier who just smiled.

"What do you mean again?" I asked puzzled. Xavier coughed a bit and said "uh we went out a couple of weeksago, no big deal." he laughed nervously avoiding eye contact with me.

"no-" Ethan was about to say something before he was cut off.

"Why don't you join us Mia?" Xavier asked. I know something weird is going on and I know Xavier knows that I know.

"Sure why not" I smiled. I'll get answers out of Ethan later on. We decided to go in my car. Xavier said he'll just send someone to pick up his. Rich people perks. The ride to the park consisted of us talking and laughing. Xavier and I kept on stealing glances as we laughed. His laugh is so cute and the way his nose scrunches and eyes crinkle is so adorable. Did I really just voice that in my head? As we reached the park Ethan immediately ran towards the swings. I ran off to catch up with him.

"Push me Mia." he said as he sat down. I stood behind him and gently began pushing him. Xavier then showed up with 3 ice-cream cones. He handed Ethan a chocolate, a caramel one for me and a chocolate from himself.

"How did you know I like caramel?" I laughed.

"Because I told him." Ethan said with ice-cream already starting to mess his face as he continued eating. I gave Xavier a confused look.

"Fine." he said. "I might as well tell you. I took Ethan out early from school yesterday. We came here and I asked him questions about the things you like. That's why I took you paintball last night cause he told me you've always wanted to do that and that he once overheard you and Esmey talking about a boat date so I took you on mine." he said sheepishly as he scratched the back of his neck. I'm lost for words. This boy will be the death of me.

"Did you do all that just for me?" I asked close to tears. Oh god here comes my emotional side.

"Well yeah." he shrugged. "I wanted to make our first date special." he smiled. Why is he doing this? We've hardly known each other for two months and already he's taken me out on a date, made me cry and even saved my life. He comes from a family where everything is done and handed to him on a silver platter whilst people like me have to survive on our own in this world. And no question that he could get literally any girl he wanted, and probably always has. He was handsome, intelligent, fucken sexy, both compassionate and kind. I need to stop lying to myself, I'm attracted to Xavier and I'm a breath away from making a fool of myself over him and that scares me to death. I don't know if it's just infatuation or real feelings but I can't allow it to go any further cause I know that it will only result in me being heartbroken. Xavier has made it clear in more than one way that he likes me, but I don't know if it's that kind of like towards me as a friend or possibly more. If he wants more than friendship with me then he too will be left heartbroken and I don't want that to happen to him. But for now I'm just going to appreciate whatever it is we have and if it gets too serious, I'm out. I can't remember the last time someone has actually cared about me and how I feel so the fact that Xavier does makes me feel content on the inside. Besides Esmey, Ethan and sometimes Leo I really don't have someone who cares about me. No one usually does.