3

"Your Majesty, The Concubines have arrived." Shu Li informed the Empress. 

"Let them in." 

Concubines from all different ranks came in, From Imperial Concubine to Second Attendant. These were the girls who was left to be alone. Without anyone to be with them. Somebody like her. The Concubines were looking at the Empress really suspiciously. Because, in the past the empress would resent any concubine who past by her.

"Your Majesty, Why have you called us here?" A 7th ranked Noble Lady asked Li Xiu Ying. All of them heard about the Empress falling into the pond but didn't think much of it.

"As you all know, I have fell into the pond." The Concubines nodded their heads in agreement. "I lost all of my memory. And all I know is that I am the empress of Qing and my husband is a bastard who loves a bitch named Noble Consort Qi and I have been horrible to you all."

"Shhhh." All of the people in the room told her. "Your majesty you must not say something like that. The Palace walls all have ears." A 5th ranked Imperial Concubine warned her.

"Right. Let me ask you this question, When was the last time the emperor visited you?" Li Xiu Ying questioned the other concubines. All the emperor cares about anyways is noble consort Qi.

"When I was first married to him."

"2 years ago."

"3 years ago."

"Never." Li Xiu  Ying answered.

All the Concubines were shocked. Never? She was the most holy empress, Surely she  was visited by the emperor often right?

"Now you all might be wondering, Why has the empress suddenly have a change of heart? Well." She then whispered, " I want to divorce the emperor."

All of them were shocked (Again), Divorce? Nobody will marry a divorced woman. "Then Your Majesty, How will you find another husband?" The same imperial concubine who asked her earlier asked her again.

"Ill be single. Ill have my own life. Now now, stop asking about my life. I'm here to help you catch the emperor's attention. So he will leave me alone." 

The Concubines were intrigued, "How, Empress?"

"I will teach you the face mask."

Li  Xiu Ying told all the concubines to get rose petals from the imperial garden. Using milk and other ingredients she taught them how to make a rose petal face mask to soften and brighten their skin.

"Your Majesty, are you sure they will work?"

"Yes. Ive tried it. It works. use it tonight in your sleep and then wash it in the morning. Come back tomorrow I will teach you more things to do then sit around waiting for the emperor to serve you."

"Thank You, Your Majesty." They all said and they headed back to their respective palaces. The Empress has really changed but for the better. 

Emperor Zhang Wei was very busy with court materials when a eunuch came by and told him news about the empress.

"Your Majesty, today I saw all the concubines come from the Phoenix Palace. Should I investigate it?"

"No need."

"Are you sure, Your Majesty?"

"Yes, now get out!"

Usually the empress hated his concubines why the sudden change of heart? Li Xiu Ying what the heck are you planning?

------