The Universe

Hey guys! To make up for the meh chapters I published, I wrote this to spice this story up a little bit. It's going to be a little longer than usual but, Enjoy!

I wish I knew how to quit you. – Annie Proulx

Months has passed and Ellie and I have not had any contact, whatsoever. Though, she has been trying to reach out, I have been completely ignoring her. Not that because I hate her or anything, but because I think that it's for the best. Every time the thought of Ellie kissing another person, it made me feel devastated, empty and sick to my stomach. Paul checks up on me regularly, but I barely go into detail about my go about at school. I haven't been visiting Squahamish often either. Something about that place just makes me feel melancholic.

I have been trying really hard and successfully kept myself busy from unwanted thoughts. I've been preparing myself for the upcoming exhibition showcase for Christmas. Classmates, professors and jurors accolades my work, though it seemed dull and sorrowful, it was deemed emotional and moving. I have put everything I can into these paintings, feelings and perceptions.

-

Months has passed and Aster and I have not had any contact. It feels as though the half of me have been ripped out of my soul. It feels so empty desolated. Avery and I have been making minimal contact at school, and thankfully she understood and was nice enough to lay off, though she apologizes ever so often. Winter break finally came around and I was able to take the time to head back to Squahamish, however, I wasn't ready to go back. As much as I want to dismiss the fact that I want to dismiss the fact that my heart aches to talk and see Aster, I'd only hope that she shows up at the Advent Event just so I could finally explain myself and talk to her.

Paul and I have been talking more often the past few months and have been updating me in regards of Aster but informed me that she has been distant and hasn't visited Squahamish nor him in that frame of time.

I stopped in my tracks while packing my things and came across the clothes that she has left me with the night she left her hotel room with the letter. I felt a pinch in my heart and still trying to be hopeful of the confrontation I'm about to start with Aster. Completely dismissing the thought, I continued to pack my belongings and braced myself for what is about to come. I grabbed my laptop, shoved it in my backpack and my phone buzzed.

I got a notification from Paul, "Hey, I got news that Aster is having a showcase at Wenatchee, not sure whether you want to come but wanna come with?" without any hesitation, I thought that this will be a chance I get to talk to her and so I replied as fast as I could, "Sure, see you in a few days." With that, I started my journey back to Squahamish.

-

"Hey! How have you been?" Paul greeted me as I got off the train. His arms wide open and I jumped in and embraced him. "Everything is great, other than –" I said against his chest, but he pulled away and held my hand "Hey, hey, it's going to be okay. Maybe it sucks now, but it'll be okay." He patted my shoulder and reached for my bags. I nodded at his response and walked into my house.

"I'll let you unload and change. I'll pick you up in thirty, alright?" he says while laying my belongings down on the floor. He smiled, waved goodbye and left. I watched him walk back into his house from my window and began to unpack my things. After doing so, I took a quick shower and changed into a clean pair of jeans, shirt and a zipped jacket.

I walked out my door and Paul is already seated in his truck. I walked over and opened his door. "You ready?" he asks me, and I let out a sigh, "about time." I told him confidently, but actually, I am terrified and scared to bits. We started the drive to Wenatchee, and he played some music to pump me up.