Pouring Rain

Hey guys, sorry for the late update but I hope you will enjoy this chapter. Anyway, for visuals of who Avery is, this came to mind, in case any of you were curious or, in need of an actual visual ahaha. Anyways, Enjoy!

Indeed — why should I not admit it? — in that moment, my heart was breaking. - Kazuo Ishiguro

I walked up and reached the first floor, 101... 102... 103... and then I saw 105. People were walking around the hallway and I saw 105 at the end of the hall, and Ellie standing by her door talking to someone. The closer I got to them, I noticed that the person Ellie was talking to, was the girl who helped me a while ago. What a small world.

Ellie still hasn't noticed my presence and I was about 10 steps away from reaching them, suddenly AJ kissed Ellie and I stopped. "Ellie..?" My heart was racing, my head was light. I couldn't feel anything but rage and pain. I stood there for a second, dropped all my things and ran out of the building.

I couldn't catch my breath. I couldn't think. All I wanted to do was go as far as I could, not looking back at Ellie who has been calling out my name. Why did this have to happen to me? Why now? Of all people why did it have to be AJ? Heck, why did she have to choose Ellie? What did it mean to her? What did they have? What am I missing? I kept running until I reached a park that was off campus. I sat there, weeping and rain started to pour.

-

"It's nice to-" she pulled me and smashed her lips onto mine. I was startled, shocked. I pulled away immediately and a familiar voice called my name.

"Ellie..?" Aster's voice cracked. Tears were falling from her face. "Aster?" Avery and I said in unison. I shot Avery with a glare. How did she know Aster's name? Without giving it any other thoughts, Aster quickly found her way out of the building and I followed. "Aster! Aster, wait!" I tried chasing after her but I couldn't see her in the crowd of people. I gave up and attempted to message her instead.

SmithCorona: Aster, please, talk to me.

Smith Corona: Let me explain, this is a misunderstanding.

SmithCorona: Please at least tell me you're safe.

I tried to contact her but to no avail. I wanted to head out to find her, but the rain started to pour. I headed back to my dorm room in hopes that Avery has left. I couldn't deal with any of her at the moment. But all I wanted to know was why she did what she did.

I walked back to my room and she is still standing there with the stuff that Aster has left. I was raging and I couldn't help myself. "What was that for, Avery?!" I shot at her and her face looked guilty. I can't deal with her now; I have to find Aster.

"I..I'm sorry. I didn't know" she said softly, and I ignored her. I walked past her and carried all Aster's belongings into my room. I packed up some dry clothes and a towel. I grabbed my umbrella and headed out to find Aster.

"Ellie, let me help." Avery called out from behind. I faced her and gritted my teeth. "You've helped enough today." Turned around and found my way out of the building.

-

"Paul please come get me. I want to go home." Aster cried on the phone. My heart broke at the sound of her voice and immediately grabbed my jacket and headed out to my truck.

I put my phone on GPS and tried to find my way to Iowa. 26 hours of drive. I went to the convenience store and grabbed some food before I started my trip towards the Eastside. Though the thought of Ellie kissing another has been on my mind since the call with Aster. Why would she have done that? I knew that Ellie was not the type to ever hurt anyone around her, let alone the person she loves. The question to ponder right now is, does she love her enough?

I tried to make my way to Iowa as soon as I could, with little to no breaks between stops. I'm worried about Aster. I'm worried about Ellie too, what has happened to her? We haven't talked in a while and we planned to facetime once Aster reached her dorm. Things went downhill because of this Avery and I wish I knew why.

-

The rain got heavier and heavier by the minute, I have circulated around campus and there is no sign of Aster. I ran out of campus and tried to look around town. Every nook and cranny, still no sign of her. I'm starting to feel hopeless and tears are falling from my eyes. I hurt her, again. I didn't mean to, she wasn't supposed to see that, this wasn't supposed to happen. I let my guard down because of someone that saw right through me. This is all my fault. I checked my phone every other second and still, no response.

I found myself walking in an empty park. I'm hopelessly lost, and I didn't know what else I could do. The park is empty and so I sat in a pavilion to calm myself down and recollect myself. The scene of Avery and I right at my door and Aster seeing everything just shattered my heart. That would've hurt me more than I could ever imagine it to, especially knowing that we both have something special between us.

Nevertheless, I never thought to ever do this to her. Never in a million years would I ever do such a thing to someone that I love. Love? Does this what love feel like? People say "love" is the greatest feeling in the world, that "love" make you feel amazing, and fulfilled, and overjoyed but, right now? It's nothing but a complete mess, pain and never-ending agony. Whatever people say about "love", is a total lie.

"What do you want from me?!" Aster's voice echoed through the pouring rain. I turned towards the cry and saw Aster being held by Avery. What else could go wrong now?

A/N Sorry for the late update! I'm probably going to drag this story longer and give you guys more content because I know how much a sequel means to some of you guys. Anyway, thank you for supporting and reading this far! Let me know what you think.