Chapter 1

RING!

Everybody in the classroom grabs their books, rushes out of the classroom, and into the already crowded halls. Finally summer is here, and believe me after a week of exams I thought it would never come. I walk over to my locker which is in the middle of all of the 8th grade hallway.

Thankfully I have a top locker, which in my opinion is much better than a bottom locker, because bottom locker people are always getting stepped on. Plus they occasionally get their heads hit. Since its the last day of school I have to take home everything from my locker because, if I don't they will throw it away and I will never see it again. I take all of my binders and notebooks and shove them into my locker. I couldn't even imagine what it would like like clean, but instead I'm staring at an empty locker.

"Bye sky, see ya next year!" I hear a voice yell from behind me. "I hope" Stella says sadly. I look at her and realize that this might be the last time I ever see her. "hey don't worry, your parents wont move you to Brazil." I say trying to sound confident. "yea, maybe if i say it enough ill actually start to believe it." she smirks and frowns. "see ya next year, I hope!" Stella yells over her shoulder.

The last time that my locker was clean was at the beginning of the year, I thought I would never see it clean, but instead I'm staring at an empty locker. Most of the people that where here 10 minutes ago are now gone.

Shit.

owe shit.

I throw my backpack over my shoulder and quickly leave the dump that some people call school. When I step outside a huge gust of hot wind hits me in the face. Including a angry, younger sister.

"where the hell have you been?" she walks closer to me, to where the only one who can hear what she says is me. "Father will slap our asses because of you, what took you so long?" she grabbed my hand and pulls me in the direction of home. "I'm sorry I had to say goodbye to Stella." I say in my defence.

She keeps walking angrily until we get home.

Once she reaches the door we both know the drill. We begin to take our shoes off so that we wont be as loud. I slowly and quietly begin to open the door hoping not to make any noise.

We tiptoe up the stairs but halfway there we get caught.

"where do you think you two are going?" a deep, angry voice calls.

I look around the house to see who else is here, but its just us and a big house.

Father tells us hes rich and he lives in one of his friends house. Let me tell you its a really big house. His friend never visits because hes not allowed to come into this state anymore... yea that makes you feel really safe at night. Anyways, the only reason dad still keeps us around is for the money. Its not for him but for his friend. That's the only reason hes letting us live here. since my mom passed away father has been getting money from the government for his two daughters, which I still don't understand why.

Me and Ellie like to call dad the triple B. It stand for big bad bitch.

"Upstairs so that we don't bother you." Ellie speaks up

"why where you home so late?" he says grabbing both our arms, causing us to almost fly off the stairs.

Once we made it into his room he slammed the door than shoved us both against the wall.

"I'm not gonna ask again. why where you late"

Silence. nothing but silence. i knew i had to speak up or else things would just get worse. "Everybody had to take home everything that was in our lockers, and I took a little longer than everyone else."

He hit me across the face and I fell to the ground. He put his hand out to help me up, when i was on my feet he made a tighter grip and threw me across the room. I hit the wall with my hip and fell onto my wrist. A jolt of pain shot up my wrist and through my arm. Ellie runs across the room to help me up.

"I'm having guests over in an hour. If I hear a peep out of either of you, you'll both wish you never came home. Especially you, sky."

Tears fill my eyes and I cant help but want wonder why.

Why would he do this? Is it for fun? Does he enjoy harming me, us? And who in this entire world would EVER want to be his friend?

Father walks out of the room and into the kitchen

"come on, we need to get upstairs before he comes back." Ellie whispers to me. She trys to help me up and after a minute or so we at the front of the stairs.

I raise one foot and place it on the first step. No pain, good. I place my second foot on the second step, and pain immediately follows. My visions is getting blurry with tears but I know that before it gets better, its gonna get a whole lot worse. I crouch down to the step and decide to use my one good hand to push myself up the stairs, just like a baby. 10 more steps, 5 more steps,3 more steps, 1 more step. My body aches and just want to sit in a corner and cry.

I pull myself up the last step and stand up up. after walking into my bedroom I plop down on my bed, and to be honest it hurt, a lot. but after a few second went by it didn't hurt.

The blurriness from my tears turned into darkness, and I escaped to a place where dreams became reality. Until you wake up.