~Chapter 23~

(Let's just begin already!)

Ink POV
It's another day...I got up and went to the bathroom, I washed my face and stared into the mirror.
"Hello Worthless...ready for a new day?" I said to reflection.
I grabbed my cloth and scrubbed at my birthmark on my cheek, still it wasn't coming off.
I threw the cloth aside and exit the bathroom, I opened my closet and looked around.
I grabbed my oversized hoodie and put it on, I then pulled on some ripped jeans and grabbed my baggage.
My door opened a bit as I swung it open, I then saw a note on the counter.

I picked it up and read it, 'Ink I have to work early, please don't be disappointed I'll be back later! There is a perfectly meatloaf in the fridge if your hungry.'
I set the note down and sighed, I opened the door and standing at my door was Cross.
I jumped by the sudden sight of him, he laughed and smiled.
Then when his eyes laid on me...he suddenly just stared.
"Cross...?" I asked, then he shook his head and looked at me with a smirk.
"You going somewhere? A special occasion?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes and replied "we have a school to attend too."
He then raised his nonexistent brow at me, then he laughed.
"Today is Saturday" he said, I blushed in embarrassment.
"Oh shoot I forgot!" I facepalmed, then threw my baggage aside.
"Anyway...I came to ask if ya wanna go to Muffet's cafe" Cross said, then I blushed.
"A-are...you asking me out...? Like...dating...?" I asked, then his face flushed.
"Y-yes! I mean No!...I-I mean if you want to than of course! Anything for you!" He nervously said.
I laughed and smiled, I stepped out my house and locked the door.

I grabbed his hand and we began walking to Muffet's Cafe.

Nightmare POV (finally we get his POV! Now yall might know why he is being an asshole to Ink)

I sat with my friends in one of the booths at muffet, we trash talked and laughed about the neighborhood with the most nerds.
"Hey how bout we trash Melody eve?" Asked one of the guys.
"Fuck off that's my fucking street and my damn mother would gladly make me clean the whole entire neighborhood" I snapped at them.
All the others laughed and said they where joking.
I didn't believe them, cause they knew Ink lived on that street.

I was so hurted by Ink...I felt stupid to bully Ink...but it was the only way to make myself feel better about myself.
But at the cafeteria the other day...I took it too far, I hurted him more then I actually attended too...
...Dream yelled at me why would I do such a thing to Ink...
I guess....my Jealousy and my revenge grew on me...
Ink probably would hate me....I could remember it all too well...

(Flashback to when Nm hit Ink in the cafeteria)

"I-I hate you..." Ink's voice trembles, I stared at him as his tears overwhelmed his eyes.
"I HATE YOU!" he stood up and ran, I tried to speak...but my mouth didn't have the word...
Dream immediately ran to me and grabbed me by my arm.
He then pulled me out of the cafeteria and pulled me into a empty science room.
"B-brother! Why would you do that!?" Dream scowled at me.
I stared at the ground...Ink's voice yelling still rang in my head.

"You took it too far! Why would you do that!? I don't know how to help you anymore Nightmare....I tried to keep you two calm so you can be friends again...but you made him hate you now.." Dream said.
"Well INK WOULD HAVE NEVER ACCEPTED ME! HE THINKS HE SO GOOD AND HE FUCKING DECIDED TO THROW AWAY THOSE TIMES WHEN I FUCKING CARED FOR HIM!" I yelled.
"Brother calm down...And I have to be honest with you...you know when we were about to leave this town" Dream said.
I nodded, "well...Ink made me a letter before we left...I didn't have the courage to give it to you cause I was afraid it was gonna hurt you...more.." Dream said.

Dream handed me a folded crumpled up paper, I opened the letter and realized the words...

'Nightmare...I'm so sorry...I'm so stupid...worthless...why should you even care about me...you were right...you were RIGHT! I shouldn't deserve your love....by now...I should already be gone from this place...

~𝑰𝒏𝒌'
Then I realized....this was a suicide letter...he wrote this and tried to suicide...
Then I realized two streaks of lines running down the paper, it looked as if...Ink had cried writing this...
I folded the paper and regretted...mistreating Ink.
"I-I'm sorry Ink...I wish I could have said this to you" I said feeling droplets of tears.
Dream comforted me as I have made it worse between me and Ink...

'Please forgive me...'

(End of flashback)(kinda long)

I sighed and drank my root beer, then the door opened to the cafe.
All the boys stared as two guests stepped into the cafe.

.
.
.
.
.
'Ink...?'