19

There was half and hour left of the flight and all the lads had been asleep for the flight, even van who was passed out on my shoulder. I had my laptop out in front of me watching Season 3 of Friday night dinner that I had started when we first got on the plane. I finished the last episode of the season and closed my laptop, putting it in my bag carefully trying not to wake van. The last show was tonight and knew they were going to be tired, mike had hired a van for today and tomorrow for the equipment and we would be staying in a hotel tonight. Then our flight would be tomorrow afternoon back to the uk.

The seatbelt sign had came on meaning we were close to landing, I woke van and the other boys up and we landed shortly after. We made our way off the plane and towards security, we all passed it quickly then rushed to get our cases and the equipment. Everything was luckily there and we made it out of the airport, rushing to the hire van. We loaded everything in and set off to the venue. The drive was around 25 minutes, and we pulled up outside the Belvoir ampitheatre at 2:10pm. It was a beautiful venue, all outdoors and had a massive stage. The staff at the venue helped to set everything up and the lads were soundchecking shortly after getting there. i stood on the ground infront and took photos of the place and the lads. They sat backstage, ate and freshened up, as the sun was setting it was time to go on. They had a quick cigarette before walking on stage, waving to the crowd.

I got misled, mistook, discard

Anything that I said

See I'm not the type to call you up drunk

But I've got some lies to tell

van paused before singing the chorus slowly like he always does, but carried onto another song

If you want my body and you think I'm sexy

Come on, sugar, let me know

I could see the lads on stage laughing as they didnt expect it and me and larry were laughing backstage. They carried on with their set and finished with tyrants like always, van balanced the guitar on the mic and they all walked of stage waving and thanking the crowd. It was 11pm when they came off and larry and mike had walked on to start organising the equipment. The venue had loads of staff so the boys didnt help at all this time. They all sat backstage having a smoke and I joined them. They looked tired and I could tell they were falling asleep.

"we're ready" mike said as he gestured to the van

all the lads got up and waddled to the van with heavy eyes

"good job its an evening flight, you can have a lie in tomorrow" mike laughed

We all got in the van, a bit squished because of the equipment but mike drove us to the hotel. It was the airport hotel so check in and check out was anytime. We left our suitcases and equipment in the van, that was parked in the locked car park, and checked in. We had rooms to ourselves, so we said goodnight to each other and me and van walked into our room. He collapsed onto the bed and I lay down next to him

"Van you cant go to sleep in your clothes" I said rubbing his head

He kicked his boots off, wriggled out of his jeans, took his top off, all with his eyes still closed.

I laughed to myself and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready for bed. I walked back to where van was and looked at him curled up under the blanket. I grabbed his phone out of his pocket and plugged it in before plugging mine in and turning the alarm off. I got into bed and he wriggled closer to me, wrapping his arm around me.

"I love you Alice"

"I love you too"

Van quickly fell asleep, ive never known him to be this tired, so I held his hand and fell asleep myself. I woke up with vans arm still wrapped around me, I turned over and he opened his eyes.