12

Van was upstairs packing and sorting his washing out while I stayed chatting with Mary. Bernie was out at the garden centre getting supplies for their balcony.

"I'm glad he's with you Alice" Mary whispered

"Really?" I said with my heart feeling full

"His ex, Kathleen. Wasn't that nice. But Van was wrapped around her finger, they argued like cat and dog. So they split. Then his first girlfriend Abby, was his girlfriend in school. You know what it's like in school your business is everywhere, so she ended it and It's rare that relationships work at that age though"

"Oh, I didn't know that, but yeah you're right about school" I laughed

"You and van are good together, it's nice to see. You are so similar to him and I know he's happy" she smiled at me

"I'm really happy with him, thank you Mary" I gave her a hug before grabbing vans clean washing and taking it upstairs to help him pack

I walked into his room to see him with his suitcase on the bed, putting clothes in. I put the clean clothes I brought up on his bed with the rest of them and wrapped my arms around him. He stopped what he was doing and hugged me back.

"What time we leaving again tomorrow?" I said to him

"I think 10am, we will get there around half 2, 3 o'clock"

Van was staying with me and the rest of the lads were staying with bondy. Someone the lads know was driving us there then taking the van back to wales. The bands managers were coming with us with the guitars, and they organised for the equipment to be sent over along with home comforts for the boys... lots of boxes of Yorkshire tea.

"Right, I have these jeans for tomorrow and this shirt, then Tuesday I have these jeans and this shirt, then Wednesday I have these jeans and this jumper"

"You're flying... in jeans? Are you crazy?"

"What" he laughed

"I don't know how you can sit on a plane for a day, in jeans" i loomed with disbelief

"I always wear jeans, I like them" he laughed

"well put them on the top of your suitcase and my grandma will wash the ones you wear Tomorrow and Tuesday so they're clean, she really won't mind she's washing all my stuff too"

"Okay, thank you"

He closed his suitcase and zipped it up putting it on the floor. I could smell the food coming downstairs and it was making me hungry. Bernard had came back from the garden centre and was making a Sunday roast. We walked downstairs to see if we could help but Mary was already helping Bernie to put it out.

"Perfect timing" bernie smiled at us

"Ah this looks lovely. Thank you" I said sitting down

"Yeah thank you" van smiled

After dinner me and van cleaned the plates away and washed them even though mary refused and had said we've done enough. It was now 7pm and we were all sat in the living room looking through movies to watch. None of us could decide on a movie so we ended up watching the great British bake off.

"I wouldn't stand a chance on here" Van said still watching the contestants bake

"Well we all know that" Bernie laughed

"I think I'd be alright at it but I'm no professional" Mary stated

"Nah I wouldn't be any good" I laughed

"Really?" Van questioned

"I can cook basic meals and that's about it" I replied

We ended up watching bake off until 11pm. Mary and Bernie went up to bed and me and van sat on the balcony having a smoke.