~Fourteen~

~ Third Person P.O.V ~

Nothing seemed relevant to both boys, both of them felt lost. As if their body was their on earth, but there minds were elsewhere- slowly drifting further and further away from them. It had been a few days since everything that had happened outside of Katsuki's dorm.

Izuku resumed his classes like normal. . . he sat at his regular lunch table with Todoroki and Uraraka- but his friends knew something was off. He would always smile, throw in a light chuckle every now and then and brush it off as nothing.

But everyone could see through it.

Katsuki, however, hadn't been to any of his classes for the past couple of days. Instead, he lays in bed all day- which he's been doing ever since that night- and blankly moving his eyes around.  If it weren't for Ashido, Kirishima, and Sero he wouldn't have eaten or drank anything at all.

He would have allowed himself to drown in his own thoughts. . . let every berating idea consume him until there was nothing left.

You know, the most fucked up thing about all of this is that Katsuki realized something after he yelled at Izuku. He realized his feelings were far more stronger than he thought at first. . . he realized that he was in love. Katsuki Bakugo is in love with Izuku Midoriya.

And love completely and utterly sucks. It's like. . . love is like being stuck in the middle of the ocean. Nothing but a crappy life vest clinging onto you as you struggle against the currents and small waves crashing against you. If you stop moving your arms and legs for just a second you could drown at any moment, because the only thing that's keeping you from drowning in everything around you is the effort you're making and that crappy life vest. That's what love is like.

Love is scary. But at the same time love is exciting, as you're waiting- anticipating what would happen next. Exhilarating in a sense even, as your heart pounds like a drum in your chest- thudding and pumping blood into your veins.

However, the moment you stop putting in effort. . . the moment you stop kicking your legs and moving your arms. 

You're drowning.

And that is exactly what Katsuki Bakugo just did, he stopped his movements and now he's left alone drowning.

His throat was hoarse and sore from crying so much, Katsuki doesn't think he has ever cried this much in his life. Not when the doctors told him he was temporarily blind, not even when his grandmother died.

There was a soft knock on the door, he didn't even bother saying come in as Ashido strode on past the door. Food in hand and a sheepish grin adorning her mouth, that is until she saw his current state- allowing the smile to falter into a purse of her lips.

"I brought you food," Ashido said softly, placing the bag down and going over to the curtains to pull them open. "It's spicy chicken wings."

"Okay. . ." Katsuki muttered, yanking the covers over his head and curling up into a ball. "Leave it on the nightstand I'll eat it later." He said, his voice muffled by the fabric of his blanket.

Emitting a tired sigh, the pink haired girl narrows her yellow eyes- her hands gripping onto her hips with pure sass. "Now you listen here Katsuki Bakugo, I love you- you're like my big brother. . . But all this moping around shit has got to go!" Ashido huffs.

"I don't know what happened between you and Midoriya, but I can clearly see you're both hurting." She added, watching as the blond perked up a bit- scarlet eyes peeking over the covers just a smidgen.

Narrowing his red eyes into slits, Katsuki looks in Ashido's general direction. "Fuck off Ash. . . You're right about one thing- you don't know what happened! So come in here and try and act all high and mighty like you know everything!" He growled.

Fighting off the urge to storm out, Ashido walks over until she's at his side- yanking the covers off and grabbing him by the head of his hair.

"I get that you're hurting Bakubabe, believe me I do- but don't think that the whole 'I'm an asshole' thing is going to work on me. I have been there by your side since the beginning, and I know for a fucking fact you've gotten better at being nicer- so don't try and pull that shit with me!" Ashido yelled, instantly feeling bad for raising her voice.

But he needed to hear it.

After she had victoriously shut him up, her fingers relaxed against his hair- her expression softening as she sat down. It was quiet for a while, Ashido thought of different ways she could re approach the conversation as Katsuki just wanted to finish talking and be done with it.

"Did you know Midoriya hasn't been sleeping?" Ashido said softly, watching as Katsuki seemed conflicted on how to respond to that.

Shrugging his shoulders, he rolls his eyes- trying to pass off as if he didn't care. . . trying. "So what? It's not my problem if Izu- the nerd can't sleep." Katsuki said monotonously.

Ignoring his crude statement, Ashido continued- noting how his facade was starting to crumble. "Ochaco said he hasn't eaten anything in days. . . he's barely hanging on by a thread at this point. And when he does sleep he doesn't get much of it."

Little by little, bit by bit, Katsuki was starting to show more and more concern for the freckled boy and his well being. His shell was breaking, and he didn't know how long he could last before his all came crashing down.

And Ashido knew it.

"He is still going to class, but he's hurting- and you are the only one who can make it better. So are you really going to sit here and let him go through all of that?" Ashido asked quietly.

"You don't get it. . ." The blond croaked, gritting his teeth. "You don't- you just don't understand!"

Grabbing onto both of his hands, Ashido rubs circles in them with her thumbs. "Then help me understand, I hate seeing you like this." She whispered pleadingly.

"But- he was right Ash, I- I don't deserve him. . . I did used to bully him after all! I don't deserve Izuku because all I'll ever do is hurt him!" Katsuki yelled, streams of tears flooding his now flushed red cheeks. "I don't deserve him. . ."

Pinching her eyebrows together, Ashido tilts her head to the side. "Midoriya said that to you?" Ashido asked, clearly perplexed.

"No Kaminari did. . ." The blind male mumbled, angrily wiping away at the continuous flow of tears.

"That little bitch!"

Hello Cricket Cultists!!

Sooo, things will get better? Yay, right?

Until we meet again!!!