The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 4)

I quickly run to my room where I dressed out of the Mataharian dress, with a lot of difficulty. I put on dark leather pants I had bought for riding on Zjarr and a large dark brown tunic to go with it. Not taking off the corset I was wearing otherwise I would have to call Marie-Anne to put it back one and that would be suspicious. I also let my hair loose.

As I opened my room, I almost bumped into Robin, who was about to knock. I let him in and quickly closed the door. He looked happier, only still looking a little too pale. He had changed out of his clothes of last night and he now wore something strangely similar to my clothes. In his hand was a large hat which he handed me. First I wondered why but as I put it on I knew. It would cover most of my face; that would be handy since I wasn’t even supposed to wear these clothes. He also gave me back the medallion which I hadn’t taken back from his father.

I approached him, standing closer to him than usual which caught him of guard. I lifted a finger to his face and traced his jaw line with the top of my finger. Then I stepped back and looked at him with a big smile, while he just stood there like a statue.

“Smooth! You shaved.” I laughed.

Suddenly life came back to Robin as he jumped towards me, laughing as well. I ran around my room trying to avoid him but finally he caught me. He tickled me until I begged for mercy. We laughed and caught our breath before I decided it was time to go.

Sneaking out and getting to Fullmåne was normally something easy, but then it didn’t matter if the staff in the kitchen saw me. Now they couldn’t see me either.

Robin put the hat on my head, making sure nobody could see my face, and took me by the hand like a little girl. He let me quickly to the kitchens, when somebody would look at me he said I was a guest.

In the stables, he let go of my hand and walked over to Forest, his black horse. I never noticed but the saddle he used was green, just like the leaves of a tree. I greeted Bruin and in no time we were heading to the gates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got of Bruin and handed him to Flower while Madeleine to Forest from Robin. The little girls looked at me frightened, when I showed them my face a smile appeared on theirs. I had no idea where the captain lived but the men in the port gave us clear directions.

I knocked at the door of the captain’s house. After a while he opened the door himself, he looked the same as when I had left him on his ship. He didn’t seem surprised to see Robin with another figure covering his face, he just said; “Well Princess, I was beginning to wonder when you would come.” And let us in.

The captain lived in a small house but it was big enough for him since he wasn’t married and spent most of his time at sea. There was a small couch and an old chair near the fireplace. He offered us some tea; we nicely refused since we just had some. He made a cup for himself and offered us to sit down. We sat down on the couch, which was so small we would have more room if I sat on Robin’s lap, but I didn’t.

“So, tell me. What can I do for you?” The captain asked.

“I want to know what you know about the Dzsungel temples.” I asked without hesitating.

“The Dzsungel temples? Why would you want to know about them?”

“She found a temple.” Robin said flatly. “So yesterday we were there with Zjarr and Blanchefleur managed to trigger the prophecy.”

“The prophecy? But in order to trigger the prophecy you would need a girl bonded with a dragon, Blanchefleur and Zjarr, but you also need an elf. And I don’t see who… you are, aren’t you?”