The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 37)

So just some quick vocab that isn't really necessary in the story but I'm going to give it to you any way.

Tere --> Hello in Estonian

Himmel --> Sky in Norwegian

Baum --> Tree in German

Teixeist --> Made up word from Teixeira, language and nationality

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robin was gone for about a week. In the beginning I didn’t mind being alone in the tree, except for when Zjarr was there with me, but eventually it got lonely. Out of boredom I had first asked Haizea and the others to teach me some Elfish. Although the words themselves had nothing graceful about them, as soon as they were spoken by the elves, they became some sort of song. They taught me simple words like hello, which was tere, sky which was himmel or tree which was baum. Simple words like that were easy to remember, or to pronounce even if it didn’t sound graceful at all, when they tried to teach me some sentences I gave up. Zjarr, on the other hand, found the language easy to learn and spent a day or two learning words and such.

When I was done trying to learn the language I started walking through the village. During the day, when it was buzzing with life from the elves walking around, from the trees which sang with the wind, from the birds flying around; it was an amazing feeling you got. I couldn’t help but feel happy and curious about everything around me. There were little shops, most of them selling fruit, herbs and other greens, one sold bread that smelt delicious. None of it looked like anything I had seen before.

Daniel’s father made different kinds of breads, depending on the grain he had, the spices he would use, or cheese he might put on top and leave to melt. But nothing looked like these buns. When the baker, or at least I thought he was the baker, came out I was glad I understood the first thing he said to me even if it was as simple as hello. After that he said something and I looked at him, wondering what he had just said. So I tried to explain him that I didn’t speak Elfish. I think he understood because he said something that sounded a little like Teixeist. Now that, I spoke. I wasn’t as close to Tanah Bulian as the language from Emeraude but it had similarities.

So in Teixeist I explained the man that I didn’t speak Elfish. And he himself had only limited knowledge of Teixeist so we didn’t go far with our conversation but just far enough for him to tell me where the stables were. I took Bruin out for a few hours and almost snuck out of the village going down the ground for the first time since I came here but Haizea magically appeared and forced me to go back.

I spent a lot of time reading the history book as well but it was all gory details I didn’t want to know about how there was blood everywhere and how terrible those things they fought had been. The only thing useful I got from it was that whenever those monsters were cut in half or lost a limp, they simply reformed and so it was hard to get rid of them. The book did refer to a possibility to kill them, and for them to actually stay dead, but I was yet to find it.

And then the fourth day I had had enough of reading the history book I decided that I wanted something else to read. I vaguely remembered where the library was and got there without too much trouble. It still amazed me how the elves had all their buildings inside of trees. On the outside they looked massive but you couldn’t even begin to imagine the size of the rooms inside. At first I walked straight to the door that would lead me down to the library but the other door caught my eye.

Through the glass door I could see the white walls of the Dzsungel Temple. It seemed to glow with the brightest light I had even seen, and I was pretty sure that last time I came here it hadn’t been shining like that. Out of habit I checked around me, but the corridor was empty, and I quickly slipped into the Temple.