The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 8)

This chapter is a little confusing with only 'he' Just so you understand the 'he' who is speaking is the right hand of the bad guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As he walked through the castle of his master he noticed, as he got closer to the room, that the wall were becoming lighter. It had been many years that he had lived in darkness; he couldn’t remember how many exactly. But about a few days ago the wall started glowing very softly and first he thought he had been dreaming; but as days past the light had gotten stronger and more illuminating.

Downstairs, all the way down in the catacombs, animals had began moving, just a little, but as days past, they moved more and more. He was a little worried; what if the animals woke up before his master did? He had never been able to keep them in tune; it had always been his master.

The room the master was in was still dark. There were no windows; only the door he had just passed through. Everything was black and dark and even cold; but none of this mattered to him. He spent so many years in the same condition at his home before his master found him and brought him here.

As it had become his habit, he approached his master’s cocoon. This was where he master had been lying for so many years now… it had been so long that he often had wondered if his master wasn’t dead. But the cocoon, just as the walls, had started to glow with a soft blue light; there was hope, his master was waking up, coming back to life.

As he did every day now since a few days, he went to the head of the cocoon; the only part where he could look through it and see his master. His master had been so pale just a few days ago when the light had started to come back; now his skin already less pale. Life was returning to him, it was flowing through his veins once again.

He walked around the cocoon and looked at the words that had been carved into the stone; out of which the cocoon had been made. The four lines written on the cold surface were shinning as well.

As the dragon leaves to bond,

As the girl finds her allies,

As the boy reveals his true self,

Life comes back to whom it was taken from.

He had never read these words before since they had been darkness written in darkness and still he knew it wouldn’t be long now. He didn’t know who this girl was nor the boy, not even their allies but his master would kill them all if they stood in his path to get revenge. Even if it was a girl, yes even a girl.

Now that he knew that his master was no longer frozen in time he had work to do. His master’s room needed to be ready for his return, and food needed to be stock. Unlike him the master ate dead animal after they had been above the fire, and he ate plants. He only ate dead animals as soon as he had caught them.

No matter, he had work to do, yes, a lot of work to do.

He went to his room and got out a bow and strapped a quiver across his back. He left his master’s castle by the say door as he always used. The door nearly fell out of his almost non-existing hinges and it was so rotten, so eaten away it was not even a door anymore.

It led to a small path between the trees, mostly used by deer. It wouldn’t be hard to find one; but he needed more than one. His master would be hungry, very hungry; he hadn’t eaten in a long, very long time.

In the forest, under the covers of the trees, it was dark but he could see well in darkness. Still he would have liked a little moonlight. Only a few moments later did he find a trail; at least three deer. Perfect for the first dinner of his master! He followed the trail until he arrived at the small river that passed not far from the castle. He had been right; there were three deer drinking the crystal clear water of the brook.