The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 36)

Before you start reading please take the time to read this short A/N at the beginning, which doesn't mean there won't be one at the end ;)

Okej, so last chapter I had no idea what to write during the second half so when I figured that out I was just way to happy and couldn't wait to post the chapter. And when I do things in a hurry I forget other things. So basically I forgot to put four vocab words... and althought only one is used in this chapter as well I am going to post all four right now...

Stora Rike --> Great Kingdom in Swedish

Lvant Dawl --> Eastern Light in Maltese

Dél-Alföld --> South Plains in Hungarian

Mariposa --> Butterfly in Spanish

There you go!! =) Now that that is done... I used a bit of Seelan's POV and you probably don't remember everything about his dragon... if you want to refresh your memory check chapter 17 if you're too lazy, then be lazy =)

Anyways, ENJOY!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I made sure that my hair was nicely braided and that my dress was spotless. I still didn’t fully understand who the Queen Lagina got me to promise I would love to see how they prepared for the Festival of Lights. She got it out of me somehow and now I would have to follow her around the entire day.

Over breakfast Haizea told me she would come along as well during the morning but the afternoon she would spend her time in the arena. I think she also did it on purpose not to tell me her sister would be coming. I don’t know what it was but I didn’t really like Anila and she clearly didn’t like me.

The morning evolved mostly around the lanterns that were doubled everywhere and the care the rose tree needed. It was quite something actually. Every inch of the tree was checked, made sure it was healthy. The Queen used magic and used her bond with Earth. Haizea checked the higher branches with her sister. The rosebuds looked ready to bloom any moment.

When I asked what color the roses were the Queen gave the tree a loving look and said, “Each rose is a different color. Some will be red, and others will be pink or yellow. There will be blue ones and orange ones, purple ones, all kinds of colors really but not two roses will be the exact same color.” She paused before adding, “Each person in Álfar has their own rose.”

She might have said person but I was pretty sure that she meant elves. I wouldn’t have minded if she did but I was glad she tried not to make me feel too much of an outsider. So to show my interest in the rose tree I asked, “How do you know which rose belongs to someone?”

“Sometimes the color is enough. When it isn’t, the rose will shine brighter for that one person. You know, once they bloom and their owner has come to claim them, we cut them and each one of use keeps the rose in a vase at home. They can bloom for another week instead of dying after only one night.”

I looked at the tree as well and tried to imagine it; all the roses blooming, the lanterns shining. It must be a beautiful sight. “Maybe Varteni lets the roses live when you take them inside because to her it means you have accepted her into your home.” I finally said.

From the moment I had bonded with Zjarr it had felt like it wasn’t only Tien looking over me but the elements as well. That feeling had proven to be true when they appeared to me. And with the prophecy linking Zjarr and me with Robin, I don’t know, it felt like Varteni had been part of me as well.

Feeling the Queen’s eyes on me I turned to her and gave her a small smile. “Yes, maybe that is why they bloom longer.” She eventually said. She looked at me for a second longer before she turned away; luckily to because it was being to feel sort of awkward. “Haizea, Anila, you had to make sure the lanterns were firmly attached to the branches; that one is about to fall off.” The Queen pointed at a lantern, which was up quite high, and her daughters turned to look as well before they started arguing in Elfish.