Chapter 13 - Love, Friendship, Betrayal

Months passed by and all I do is watched them do their thing. Gavin even sent other people on their camping just to make sure that I am telling him the right information. My constant failure of the tasks that he's asking me to do made him doubt me. He isn't even satisfied that I wasn't able to harm any of them nang pasabugin ko ang building nila. Ayoko ng pakiramdam na napapagdudahan ang kakayahan ko. Pero sa ngayon ay magtitiis muna ako para sa final show. He's ready for the day that he'll meet his friends and make his plans happen.

Hindi ko alam kung gaano kamanhid si Gavin para hinid malaman na ang tinuring niyang kaibigan ay tumalikod na naman sa kanya. What an irony and an epitome of history repeats itself. Sa pagtaksil sa kanya ng kaibigan niya nagsimula ang away na ito at ngayon ay nangyayari na naman.

He always says that Jason, Yvo, and others are just his mere people, I think it will still hurt to know that those people you thought took your side will betray you in the end. I wonder if he's really clueless or he has something up in his sleeves.

Jason and Yvo are also preparing themselves for that day while Amber is always on standby just in case things get worse and out of hand. What else can get out of hand? Gavin won't be satisfied until he sees his friend beg for his life and if Gavin gets his revenge by killing them or giving them hell for the rest of their lives.

He's still unpredictable so I wonder which one will he choose. I'm keeping my words to Jason, so I keep myself busy with something else. I wanted to know the organization working in Allie's area. Who's protecting that land and why and what do they need from Allie?

I even looked for all the information and people from different organizations, but I didn't find her. Not unless, she's one of those that are in the highest position, whose identity was kept confidential.

There are three people from that area that I can't access the profile. And another high-ranking person whose ability is way ahead from mine. Samuel. Even if I'm in my best condition, I know I can't physically beat him. His position is intimidating enough and it's even more intimidating that day we met when I can't even sense his presence when he got near me. I knew he's bad news and which makes it even worse is that he's from the organization protecting Allie.

I don't even fucking know why they are protecting her. Protecting her from what? Something is wrong in that town. Tila napag-iwanan ang lahat ng panahon. And I can't forget about that day I thought I saw my father with them during the meeting here. It was the same organization. I can be wrong, but I don't want to risk at palagpasin ang ideya na buhay siya at malayang nagagawa ang gusto niya. He doesn't deserve it the moment he killed my mother.

"Today is the day." Sinuri ko mula ulo hanggang paa ang bagong dating. He's wearing their uniform. Bakas ang lungkot sa kanyang mga mata. He grabbed the chair beside me and sit bago muling nagpakawala ng malalim na hininga.

"Why did you take Gavin's side?" I asked Yvo out of curiosity. He chose to stay beside Gavin and yet when the victory is theirs, hindi naman siya masaya.

"I was closest to Gavin. That day, I thought Xander betrayed Gavin and gave up on him. Gavin is devastated already for losing his friends and I don't want to do the same thing to him. He needs to be saved, pero hindi ko nagawa. He doesn't want to be saved. And when I became part of his organization, I just realized what Xander is most afraid of. It's for this day to come. I even helped Gavin to strengthen his organization bilang kabayaran sa nasira na pagkakaibigan. And yet I was wrong. I wanted to save our friendship and Gavin, but I guess I dodn't actually know our real situation. I didn't ask and I am not as smart as Xander to find it all out myself. So today, we want to make it right. Saving is not what Gavin needs." Regret. That's what he is feeling this day. I wonder if my father ever felt the same regret to what he did. Hinanap ko din ang parehong pakiramdam noong itutok at iputok ko ang baril sa aking ama. Pero wala kong nahanap. I don't regret that day. Which made me realize that Yvo is not even in the same categories as us. Para siyang anghel na naligaw sa impyerno.