Chapter 12 - Traitors

Hindi pa din nawawala ang matalim at galit nitong itsura. Pilit kong itinago ang pagkabigla sa pagbanggit nya ng pangalan ni Allie. I don't even know why I am affected by her. I don't feel this way towards other people. It's a new feeling and I don't know how to handle it.

"Please don't kill her. I'll do everything you ask me, but please don't touch her." I tried so hard to look like I'm begging. Gavin's face changed as if he won this argument, and I'm not afraid to break it.

"Is that what you expect me to say? To beg for someone's life in exchange of my freedom?" Lalong lumawak ang niti ni Gavin. But, this time, it's my time to smile at him. He can kill her. I won't stop him, but not now. Not until I figure out what's with her that I feel this way.

Gavin sit on the chair across me and laughed menacingly.

"This is why I like you Vougn! I can't use anything against you and yet you still choose to serve me. Kahit ata buhay mo ang gusto kong kunin ay hindi ka matatakot. You really are my one and only human robot." Napabuntong hininga ito. A sigh of relief maybe.

That is my worth. I am not as good as Jason when it comes to bombing; not as good as Simeon when it comes to killing and not as good as anyone else. I could even rank second to all different criteria, but I don't have conscience unlike them. I don't kill anyone, but they would love to end it themselves instead or even beg for an easy death just to end the pain. I don't need to end their life; they'll end it themselves.

"What is your Achille's heel Vougn? They say usually it's woman, but I guess it doesn't apply to you." He stood up from the chair and walk towards the table as if thinking for the answer because surely, he won't get anything from me. Naupo siya sa kanto ng desk nya. It's because I have nothing to lose Gavin. I lost them a long time ago. At kung magkaroon man, why would I tell you and even show you? So you can use it against me? I am not dumb Gavin.

"That place was guarded, man. Akala nila kinakalaban ko sila because you just touched one of their treasure! That girl with the purple eyes is their diamond in rough. I was trying to strengthen my connection with them, and you just ruined it!" He lighted up one of his weeds and smoke from it.

"She's one of them?" I asked all confused. She doesn't look like it. She's innocent, so why?

"Yes.. no? I don't know. You tell me. You spent a lot of time with her which made me think you betrayed me. You do you know how I felt when they went here and ask me to explain those things?" He said and showed me my photos. My every move was recorded. Ang huling larawan ang nakatawag ng aking pansin. The photo was focused on me far from the tree house and at the background is the blur photo of the treehouse with someone standing by the door. It's blurred but I can see she looks good in that dress.

Umayos ako ng pagkakaupo sa sofa. She told me their land is being protected by someone she hasn't seen. Was it that land being protected or her? Damn, I knew those purple eyes could really get her in danger.

"I don't know. I stayed there because I enjoy the countryside, their milk, and cheese. I wish I brought some so you could try it." I wanted to know more but the more I ask about it, the more Gavin will sense that I'm interested in that girl, so I have to change the topic. I'll find a way to know about that organization.

Matagal nya akong tinitigan umaasang may makukuhang mas malalim na dahilan. Ngunit hindi ko na muli pang sinundan ang aking pahayag. A wry smile was shown in his face. Discontentment? Kelan na ba sya nakuntento? I don't think a person could ever feel contented. There is this continuous search for something better, something more. Pero kahit anong piga nya sa akin ay wala syang makukuha. I control what I want to give.

"Kailan kaya kita mababasa Vougn, you are so damn hard to read! Get lost and do something for me Vougn. Make up for those times you were gone and enjoying milk and cheese." Tumama sa aking dibdib ang iniabot nitong mga papeles. Kinuha ko ito and I smiled at him bago ako lumabas ng silid. I hardly open the door because of these two who chose to eavesdrop rather than do their job.