10

Songs:

Fools Gold~One Direction

No Matter the Season~ Sara Kays

"When a person tells you that you hurt them, you don't get to decide that you didn't."

Louis C.K.

~Em's POV~

"well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," I mumbled with a laugh. Reese on the other hand was not amused by the situation. She stood opposite me with her arms crossed, I could practically see the fire burning in her eyes.

"Yeah Reese it's just a game, doesn't matter who wins or loses," Hank tried to reason with her. However, it seemed that every word just made her more and more angry.

"Seriously, it doesn't matter that much," Jack added while trying to calm her down by rubbing her arm, admittedly Henry and I had gone a bit overboard with teaming up in the game but I didn't think it would be considered cheating and even if it was I didn't think it would be this big of a deal.

"They've been sitting here cheating for the past three hours and you're going to tell me it's not a big deal?" She retorted angrily, seemingly trying to disintegrate me with her eyes.

"Yeah? It's not even technically against the rules to team up. I understand that you're upset but it's just a game and we all need to calm down," Jack reasoned again, looking between all of us.

"How the hell am I supposed to calm down when my sister is spending all her time trying to fuck our best friend? Doesn't that bother you at all?"

My mouth fell open, I was absolutely stunned to hear the words that came out of her mouth. I don't think I've ever heard her say things like that and especially not directed at me. Now she had taken this too far.

"That was absolutely uncalled for," Jack responded, "They may be together but just because they teamed up in a game does not mean they're trying to have sex." I closed my eyes in embarrassment, wanting to be literally anywhere but here right now.

"And how would you know? Last I checked you haven't even had a girlfriend," I'm not sure what was going on in Reese's head but it was not going in a good direction.

"Oh, are you particularly experienced yourself?" Hank scoffed.

"Stay out of this, it's none of your business," Her eyes met mine.

"I'm not trying to do anything like that with Henry and even if I was it's none of your business. I'm sorry that we teamed up for the game but it really isn't such a big deal that we should be fighting among the whole friend group." I finally spoke up, trying to end the conversation.

"Maybe to you, you can't see the issue here. You're blinded by so-called true love and it's bullshit." she spat.

"To be perfectly fair I also don't see any issues here," Michael spoke up.

"See my brother thinks it's fine!" Henry sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Your brother didn't even know you were cheating until I brought it up!" Reese snapped back.

"For the last time Reese they weren't even cheating!" Jack said from beside her.

"Shut up!" She practically screamed at him. My eyes widened.

"You need to take a breather. This conversation is over why don't you go sit on the couch for a while," Jack said, clearly not wanting to deal with her acting like a two year old anymore.

"Fine but don't expect me to talk to her again," She yelled again and stomped over to the couch. Jack turned to me, his eyes wide.

"What in the world was that?" She asked with a shake of his head. I shrugged and buried my head into Henry's shoulder. I knew this was my fault.

If I wasn't so freaking selfish this wouldn't be happening right now. My sister, my twin, my best friend in the whole world was so mad at me right now she didn't even want to talk to me and it's all my fault.

I kept my eyes on my hands as the whole group started at me. I had put my razor in my backpack just in case and that was sounding particularly like a good solution right now.

"So you guys want to play another game?" Hank asked, trying to make everything less awkward.

"Nah let's just start on schoolwork," Michael answered, causing everyone to agree.

"Yeah just give me a second guys I have to use the bathroom," I forced a smile to them as they all nodded and gathered around the table with their backpacks.

I grabbed my bag and walked into the bathroom, luckily for me no one questioned me taking my bag.

I stared at myself in the mirror, questioning what I was about to do. Did I really want to do this again? Did it even help? What if I get sucked down a hole and can't stop? What if someone finds out?

Lifting the sleeve to my hoodie I took a shaky breath and pressed the razor to my wrist, taking a moment to feel the cold metal against my skin. I took another breath before dragging it across, feeling the sting of the three blades against my skin as the droplets of blood gathered on my skin.

I took a sharp breath and pressed harder on the blade, running it against my wrist again. Tears started to flow from my eyes and I fought them as much as I could but it was no use. Looking back into the mirror I studied the water droplets falling from my face, getting more and more frustrated by the second as I realized I had no control over them.

"You're weak," I mumbled and without thinking, I sharply slashed the blades against my wrist. I let out a silenced whimper and the pain erupted through my arm. The blood came quickly and I panicked as I layered paper towels around my arm in an attempt to stop the flow.

More tears filled my eyes as the blood kept soaking through the towels. I applied pressure the best I knew how to, or the best I could in my state of panic.

"Em? You okay?" I heard Jack knock on the door and speak softly towards me.

"Yeah-" My voice cracked. "Yep all good just got caught up on my phone give me a second," I quickly lied.

"Okay," He said with a laugh. "We'll be waiting,"

As he left I looked back to my arm with hurt of course but the bigger issue was that I was still profusely bleeding. Quickly, I stood up to search for a bandage and my vision blurred for a second, causing my balance to falture. I stumbled towards the cabinet and found a large bandage.

I looked in the mirror again, hopefully no one would notice the slight redness in my eyes. Slowly, I turned towards the door handle and took a deep breath before pushing it open. Time for some homework.

"You have nothing to fear, if you have nothing to hide."
Joseph Goebbels