[chapter:1]Late Night Chat

STEVE RODGERS X READER:

It was the middle of the night, approximately 3:34 am, Y/n was wide awake. After enduring a nightmare she searched the compound for Steve, for reasons only she would know. In this particular nightmare, she relieved an old mission where she disobeyed his orders. Almost getting them both killed. Indifferent to the actual memory the dream had shown her a version where he died. Everyone else was upset at her for it, so much so she was kicked out. She silently creeped up to the door, creaking it open. She sighed in relief as she noticed his form laying there, his stomach rising up and down in steady breaths. As she turned to leave he woke.

"Why are you here? At... 3:36 am?" Steve sat up and rubbed his eyes slightly. Y/n turned back, a light blush was presented on her face. However the darkness of night shields her blush away.

"Nothing important, go back to sleep. You need some beauty sleep before your run," She continued her way out.

"No. Why are you here?" He repeated, his words spread out as he paused for effect in between each one.

"I had a nightmare, I needed to know if it was real." Y/n's blush was more prominent now, the small amount of light in the room revealed it to him. He stood up out of bed, only a pair of sweatpants covering his body. He took her hand in his.

"Y/n, are you okay?"
"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"Because you had a nightmare, if it was so bad that you needed to come here then," Steve paused for a moment as his hand trailed her forearm up and down," You might need more to reassure yourself. Sometimes you don't know what you need." That's when she broke into a gentle sob. Steve pressed her head against his chest and he provided a peck on the top of the head. Massaging his fingers through her hair he soothed her to the best of his ability. "I'm here for you, you don't have to say anything, I'll be here for you no matter what." He picked her off the ground slightly. Allowing him to turn around and sit her on his bed. He sat with her until she calmed down into a heavy sleep. Steve didn't want to move her much so he adjusted them into his bed. Slipping the covers over the two of them. He stayed up a little more, going to sleep at 4:31 in the morning due to thoughts of Y/n running through his head.

Steve didn't want to get up. He usually got out of bed at the same time every morning, no alarm needed. Thank his military days for it. Today he slept in. He used to get up at 6 on the dot but today he had slept into 7. Sam and Bucky woke up late due to the fact Steve had to drag them out of bed every morning for their runs. Those who were up which included Clint, Natasha, Bucky and Sam had recently got up. No one really realized the time until Natasha pointed it out. They were all too drowsy to even realize. The moment she did they got out of their sleepy state and into full worry. Steve was always particular in the sense he did the exact same things every morning at the same time. He got out of bed at 6, got Sam out of bed at 6:12, Bucky at 6:14, went to the park and arrived at 6:38..

Clint decided the best way to check in on him was to wake him up by yelling loudly. Probably apologize after in case it goes badly, Steve was a forgiving person. With Bucky and Sam behind him he barged into Steve's room.

"Wake up sleepyhead!" He quoted from a vine, Peter had shown him.

"Wha-?" Stev began to sit up. Untangling his legs from..

"Stevie?" A female voice asked from beside him. Her face tucked into the mattress and pillow. The boys' eyes widened as they realized... Damn Steve.

"Steven Grant Rodgers!" Bucky shouted out in surprise.

"We need to celebrate Steve getting laid!" A voice from behind them all yelled. Guess who? Tony.

"No, I didn't. We're fully clothed idiots." Steve rubbed his eyes and tapped the woman on the shoulder, whispering in her ear. The boys still couldn't see her face as she was facing the pillows.

"Then where were you last night?" Sam interrogated.

"I was at the museum, I asked you guys if you wanted to come for darn sake!"

"Oh yeah..." He replied shortly.

"Stevie, please shut up. I had a rough night," The female sat up, unveiling her face.

"Y/n! You and Steve...?" Clint almost screamed. For your information, Y/n was like his daughter. He took on a fatherly position due to the fact she was the baby of the group. The newest although not the youngest. She felt the same way and took pride in being the "baby."

"Fell asleep?" She attempted to end his sentence for him.

"So you guys didn't do anything?" A concerned Clint asked.

"No, I had a nightmare and came to his room."

The arguments ceased as they left Steve's room. Stunned and too shocked to say much more. Tony laughed to himself as he began shipping the two saying something along the lines of," Bet 50$ they'll get together in like a year." 

A/N: Hi! My names Ray, if you liked this story check out my profile where I have anouncements and stories! As of writing this I only have this book and a PETER PARKER X READER BOOK. Called Peter's Place if you want to check it out. That's all for now so peace out Girl Scouts

-Ray