Chapter 6 (Six)

So Ben finally stood up for himself. But is that only going to make the situations worse or better?

Chapter 6 (Six)

"Why shouldn't we go to the medical room to see the nurse?" Alice asked.

I didn't really have the time to explain how clumsy the nurse was and all the type of fish product's that she'd give Alice.

"Fine, we'll go." I hissed.

" I didn't say I wanted to go I'm just saying why didn't you want me to go"

"You'll see for yourself" I sighed.

I put my arm beneath her armpit and rested her arm on my shoulder helping her walk since she had a slight limp. I tried using her jacket to cover her bruised face to save her getting embarrassed but she seemed to not care what her appearance was at all. After walking through all those narrow corridors which were so congested by the many people who slowly walked through them, we made it outside the medical room.

I knocked on the door, waiting for a reply. Whilst Alice sat on the chair's opposite the office.

"Why hello, your back again?" Said the nurse.

"No. it's my friend who need's to see you not me."

"Okay, Where is she?"

"Well as you can see she is on the bench, looking as if she is minutes away from death!"

"Now, what did I say about giving attitude?"

"Argh! Can you just check her out! Please !" I tormented. This woman every time I see her we get into the sae argument. Can't she just give it a break for once?

"Okay fine, have patience."

"Alice..Alice!"

"Yea" she moaned.

"Get up and come see the nurse"

She slowly got up, not even making an effort to walk. Dragging her feet along the floor as it swept away the dust to the sides.

"Ohh you look horrible!" Said the nurse.

"Oh what NOW you can see!" I said sarcastically.

She looked at me and gave me a dirty look. I wasn't going to just let her give me one without me giving her one back, so I gave her an even more dirtier look. She just ignored me and helped Alice walk properly into the medical room. I walked in following behind them. I closed the door behind me, as the nurse helped Alice sit on the gurney.

"Now dear what seem's to be the problem?"

I decided that I'd talk for Alice as I knew she would probably tell her the truth then it could somehow affect me.

"Oh, she can't speak properly" I interrupted.

"Okay Alice's spokesperson!, was you there when all of this happened to Alice?"

"Yes."

"Well....what happened to her?"

"Oh ermm she ohh ermm we I was erm" I stammered.

"Well.. Can't you speak?"

"Yes I can! Basically we were on our way to erm our erm lesson! And then Alice had her coat over her head for some reason then without noticing slipped on some water and ended up damaging her left eye and got a few scratches." I lied.

"Oh that's not nice at all."

"Of course it's not woman! Now do you have anything you could use to help her get better... Like soon?'

"Let me look"

She got up and started to look through the knobbly drawer's and cupboards.

"Aha!"

"What?!"

"This will definitely help. 'Graham's Fish Liver Oil'"

"For the last time that's for fishes can't you read or something ?, in fact how did you even get hired?" I shouted at her.

She ignored my comment. As if I was put on mute. She took out a swab from the left draw beside her and applied some of the fish liver oil on Alice's eye. She seemed as if she didn't mind at all.

"Now that would make the swelling go down"

I just looked at Alice's eye whilst she applied more on it, as dark red blood slowly dripped onto her upper lip. Before I knew it, some had also been applied on my lump. Argh, how dare she put that disgusting liquid on me. I was perfectly fine with it being infectious and ugly it's not like any one was going to bully me less for it. But since she said it had gone down I wanted to look for myself since lately I didn't really look in the mirror since I was scared of my own reflection. I looked around for a mirror until she put one in front of me. I grabbed it and stared at my reflection, analysing the lump to see it really had gone down.

"Wow, your actually right. Thank's so much. I'm sorry that I was getting rude to you earlier." I apologised.

She smiled at me, as her dimples showed.

" So here's some more of the oil, and some ointment dear. Continue to put this on your cut's and you'll be feeling better in a few day's time. Any other problem just let me know. " She smiled.

"Come on Alice, Let's go get some Lunch!"

She slowly jumped of the gurney, landing on her hand's and feet. We existed the infirmary in a single file. Opening the door knob to only see...

Who do you think it could be?