Lunch

Harry smiled awkwardly as he walked over to Christian who was sitting at a table. Harry picked a local café as he wasn't too hungry for a fancy or big lunch.

Christian stood up to give Harry a welcoming hug. Harry's heart stung as he loosely hugged him back.

"Hey, you look great." Christian said looking at Harry.

Harry smiled, "You too.." Harry said not wanting to be rude. Plus, he did look good.
They both sat down looking at the little menus.

"How've you been? Missed your pretty face," Christian said smiling at Harry.

"I've been good," Harry said trying not to sound dry but he really couldn't fake it.

Christian shook his head slightly looking down at the menu.

"I'll go order for us, what do you want?" Harry hummed glancing over the menu one last time.

"A mocha.. aaannd uhh- the breakfast sandwich." Harry reaches for his wallet.

"It's okay i got it." Christian insured.

"No it's oka-"

"Yeah yeah," Christian said laughing, he stood up and walked over to the counter to order their food, ignoring Harry's protest to take his money.

Harry sighed feeling guilty. Christian seemed to like him a lot more than Harry realized.

"Order has been placed," Christian said taking a seat, "Here is your mocha for now." He set Harry's drink down. Harry stared off, not paying attention.

"Harry? You okay?"

"Yeah sorry.. Thanks." He said taking his cup and sipping on the hot liquid.

Christian just watched Harry, studying him and sighed. "What's wrong? Did I do something?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows in slightly confusion, oblivious to his own actions.
"You seem out of it.. If you don't want to hangout today we can always reschedule."

Harry bit the inside of his cheek.
"Actually," He paused feeling a knot in his stomach, "I have to tell you something.." Christian was now the confused one. Christian didn't say anything so Harry continued.

"I- I'm seeing someone else and it's- it's Louis, your friend Louis." Harry said quietly. He examined Christian who still didn't say anything.

"Christian!" A worker called out.
Christian blinked a few times before getting up to get their food. Harry watched him walk over and back. He placed his sandwich in front of him before sitting back down.
He didn't say anything to Harry so he decided to speak up.

"Christian?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" Christian took a bite of his own sandwich nodding.

He swallowed his food, "I'm fine," He said in a neutral tone  "just a little hurt i'll admit. Thought things were- okay? with us?" He took another bite to think for a moment.

"I mean, we weren't exclusive so you're free to do as you please.." Christian said shrugging. Harry just stared at him not knowing what to say. "Your sandwich is going to get cold Harry."

Harry looked at his sandwich that he hadn't touched. He picked it up taking a bite.

They ate in silence but it wasn't uncomfortable. There wasn't much feeling or tension they just ate in silence. Harry didn't know what to say, he didn't know how Christian exactas felt about Louis and him but he definitely didn't want to ask.

After Christian finished his food he waited till Harry was done to speak.

"I'm going to take off, thanks meeting." Christian said standing up, leaving a tip on the table, and walking out of the café.

Harry leaned back in his chair in confusion.

What was that? Am I dreaming? Why did that go.. well? But not? And why do I feel so shitty?

Harry pulled out his phone to text Louis.

To Louis:
From Harry:
Talked to Christian.. Kinda. He didn't say much..

Harry didn't even know how to describe the encounter through text. He deleted the messages and just decided to talk to Louis in person.

To Louis:
From Harry:
Talked to Christian.. Come over when you can?

Harry lost his appetite thinking about Christians bland reaction. He couldn't read how Christian felt but Harry knew he was upset at least a little.
He headed home and tried to fill his thoughts on the positive; He and Louis can be together.

___

hows everyone today?

my allergies have been really really bad these last two/three days. my eyes get so watery, i hate it ! but i'll live i guess