Chapter 15

IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN FOREVER! ENJOY ~Lexi

Christine was still laying in bed. It'd been weeks since Meg's funeral. Gustave was in school now, which was good. I hated him seeing his mother this way. I needed to do something, but what! How could I get her out of this-this depression? My heart broke every time I looked at her. Her eyes were always glazed over with tears that were waiting to spill over. She looked sickly pale. I was able to get her to eat, but not very much.
"Christine? Angel?
Hmm?"
She replied. She was hollow, empty. I stroked her hair and put my hand in my pocket. I had been putting this off, but maybe just maybe this would do something. I took a shaky breath.
"Christine Daae."
I start as I crawl off the bed. She sat up and cocked her head in confusion.
"I have loved you from the moment I first heard you sing. When I thought I'd lost you... I had lost a part of myself. When you left ten years ago, I was lost I couldn't function. Not really. But I'm whole again, I've got my other half back. if I lost you again I don't know what I'd do."
I pulled a small velveteen box from my pocket. My heart rate increased.
"I cannot lose you Christine. Please don't make me ever have to go through that pain again. I need you in my life, you keep me sane. Christine, make me the luckiest man to ever walk the face of the earth? Marry me?"
I exhaled as I opened the box revealing a ring. Madame Giry helped me pick it out a while ago. Christine looked down at me. Her eyes got glassy. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat. Maybe I shouldn't have. Maybe I should've waited until she was feeling better. She fell to her knees and into my arms.
"Erik, of course! Yes my god yes! What took you so long?"
She sobbed. I tilted her chin towards me and kissed her passionately.
"I just wanted to be sure."