Chapter 14

Megs funeral was yesterday. Christine seemed...off. That was only to be expected I suppose. She was laying in bed, refusing to leave it. Gustave was worried about her, as was I. I sat in the corner of the room reading as she laid in the fetal position. Mumbling to herself. Every now and then I could just make out some of what she said.
"I killed her..."
I looked up from my book.
"Christine. No."
I set the book down and climbed into bed with her. I gently pulled her into my lap and cradled her like a child.
"I killed her!"
She screamed over and over. I was relieved Gustave had made friends at the park and was with them.
"No angel. She was sick. She tried t-to kill Gustave remember?"
I tried to soothe her the best I could. She sobbed violently into my chest.
"I could've stopped her or h-helped her."
She pulled me closer.
"Maybe. But she's no longer in pain."
I stroked her hair.
"It's going to be alright angel. we're going to get through this."
I hushed her as she cried into me. All I could think about was Meg's lifeless body crashing against the rocks on the shore. I started to silently cry as I smoothed her hair and kissed it. We may have been able to stop her, who knows? Christine shook in my arms and I held her tighter.
AN: if you EVER feel like suicide is you're only way out, its not. Talk to me. DM me. I'm here for you.
-Lexi