7: La Cabana

La Cabana was a quaint little restaurant that was nestled against the water, sitting right on the south side of the pier. It wasn't anything big or fancy, actually it was the polar opposite with it's greasy hamburgers and mini~televisions playing the news or a sports game. Tiff looked amazing, and when we walked in I could see Niall's eyes light up instantly, which made me smile. Harry was sitting next to him texting someone, but when he snapped his phone shut he smiled at me and waved us over.

  "Hey," He said as I sat down next to him on the wooden bench. Tiff scooted in next to Niall and he gave her a kiss, which led to them giggling and starting up a conversation. Harry smirked and cupped his hand around his mouth, leaning in and whispering something to me. "PDA."

  I laughed as a waitress with cherry red lipstick and sleek black hair pulled into a bun walked up with a pad and pen in her hands. She appeared to be a young adult, maybe twenty four or younger. There were two girls who were wearing the matching black pants and white polo behind a counter glaring at her intensely. Niall looked at me and started laughing, having realized the same thing. The girl in front of us, Sandy (or at least that's what her name tag said) made a face at Niall before turning to Tiff.

  "What can I start you off with?" She asked. Her voice was nasally and incredibly high, and by looking at her you wouldn't in a million years think that voice belonged to her. Niall's face was turning bright red from holding in laughter, and I could see Harry was grinning a little too broadly.

  "Why are there burgers if this is a Spanish resturaunt?" Niall asked. The waitress snapped her bubblegum loudly, causing me to jolt upright slightly. She glared hard at him and I could see him sinking in his seat, but still holding in laughter.

  "What's it to you?" She asked, her eyes narrowing in on him.

  "Um, I'll have the chicken cheeseburger." Tiff said. Her face was like Niall's, less red, but still a shade lighter from trying not to laugh. The waitress, Sandy, scribbled something down on her notepad before getting the rest of our orders and strutting away. When she was finally gone, we all had a moment of teary-eyed laughter, whilst being glared at by one of the two girls behind the counter. It was nice getting out and actually having fun, and after two years the numb feeling in my fingers and my toes had gone away. I felt alive.

  "Liam called. Management is so pissed." Harry said after we all laughed a little too obnoxiously. Niall raised an eyebrow before taking a french fry and throwing it into his mouth. Tiff took a sip of her water and smiled reassuringly at me, which was a good signal.

  "What did he say?" Niall asked.

  "They're going to confiscate our phones when they get here, but who cares? Let them. We're having fun, right?" Harry asked him. Niall nodded, one arm wrapped around Tiff. He tried feeding her a french fry and accidentally shoved it up her nose. They shared yet another moment of laughter and conversation again, leaving me and Harry on the sidelines.

  "So Darc'." Harry said. taking a french fry and dipping it in ketchup. "Want a french fry?" He was mocking Niall and Tiff and I realized that, so I went along with it.

  "Oh sure, Harry! Just shove it up my nose!" I said loudly. Niall and Tiff glared at us from across the table, and I felt someone kick me.

  "Tiff!"

  "It wasn't me." She said, defending herself and turning to Niall.

  "That was for Harry." Niall said. "Sorry Darcy."

  Ten minutes later, the waitress with the nasal voice game back and gave us each our dishes. Besides the mountain of grease on my bacon strips, it looked good. Niall had ordered what I had gotten but in a jumbo size that would have fed me for a week a month ago. The numbness in my fingers returned, and I pushed the thought out of my mind. Now was not the time.

  This time the waitress didn't say anything, she just glared at Niall before leaving as quickly as she came. A woman across the isle from us was staring at her, and her boyfriend whispered something to her to make her laugh.

  I brushed a strand of hair out of my face before grabbing my burger and taking a big bite. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Harry looking at me and smiling, and when I turned to him I gave him a quizzical look.

  "What?" I asked. He shook his head, still smiling.

  "Nothing."

  Even though you couldn't tell it on my face, my heart was racing inside my chest. I pretended not to notice him as he looked over again, focusing on the television that was in the corner. Even though we were in a resturaunt, it was louder than normal and hard to miss. There was a crowd of older men standing around it watching the news, and that's when I saw it.

  "The Darcy Monroe case has shocked the nation, and now something that shocks us even more: the kidnappers are getting away with a warning and a week house arrest since there is no permanemt damamges to the girl." The reporter lady said. My whole hand shook and I was forced to drop my hamburger. Harry was watching the television next to me, and the next thing I knew he was grabbing my arm. My vision started to fog and I could only hear voices in the background as the numbness that just left returned as quickly.

  Dun dun DUUNN! What's going to happen!? :o

  Comment, vote, and fan please c: I also want to say a huge thank you to you all for getting me on the What's Hot list. I actually didn't even know until my friend Eleanor told me, and it's so crazy thinking that so many people are reading this. I love you guys more than you know<3

  ~Delilah