27: Just the Beginning

Thanks for so many reads, big love xoxo

  Harry's birthday is in two days! :o

  Happy early birthday, Harry! c:

  27: Just the Beginning

  We all stood there, staring at the small piece of paper in my hands. There was no words to describe the sense of confusion I was feeling; and if it wasn't for my parent's name and address I would have assumed it to be a letter to the wrong person.

  But no, this was a letter to me, Darcy Mae Monroe, with my father's sloppy handwriting and the same address and all. An eerie rush went through me, from the tips of my toes to the roots of the hair on top of my head. Something in this picture was wrong, and I had a feeling I knew who had something to do with it, I just didn't know why.

  "Let's just forget about this." I said finally. "It's stupid to waste our vacation time on something we can't even understand, right?"

  "Darcy, I don't know. Someone must've told 'yer parents that you did something bad, right?" Niall said, interrupting my train of thoughts. In my head, I admitted to myself that he was right, but I knew that he was right. But as long as I appeared to be fine and act like everything was fine, the boys mini-vacation wouldn't be ruined.

  "Maybe they thought I shot Harry. I mean, those rumors are going around constantly. We're getting worked up over nothing." I said, folding the paper into fourths and stuffing it in my pocket, which I knew I would bring out later, when I was alone. I knew that there was more to this then what I previously described, but most of the boys bought it.

  Despite my hands trembling slightly, I smiled reassuringly at the bunch of lads standing in front of me. Liam and Louis were both engrossed in a conversation, something about going to the water park later today, and Zayn was on his phone, typing away a text to Amber, I assumed.

  Harry approached me slowly, and I could see small beads of sweat forming at the peak of his forehead. He gave me a smug smile, but it never met his eyes. I could see Liam and Louis leaving the ballroom, and Niall was tugging on my arm, trying to get me to buy him something at the gift shop.

  "Just wait a sec, Ni. I'll be there in five minutes." I told him. He wasn't focused on me now, he was focused on the curly haired boy in front of me, his sweaty hands balled in fists and his face confused and angry.

  Niall simply nodded before exiting out of the room soundlessly, whilst Zayn was across the big room, on the phone and obviously distracted.

  "Harry, if this is about that stupid letter-" I began, only to be interrupted moments later.

  "I know what happened. It all makes sense, Nathan and Vanessa being in on it, your parents not wanting anything to do with you, it's all connected. And I can't afford to lose you again... I don't think I could live without you. You've been gone before, and I didn't talk for another two weeks. My mum was seriously worried about me, but if someone killed you then I don't think I could live with myself." He said, running his fingers through his curly hair.

  "It won't happen, Harry. How do you think I feel?" I demanded, looking clearly into his eyes, which were trained on the ground. I grabbed his hair gently, forcing him to look at me.

  We were two broken people, in need of love and answers. But here, holding onto eachother for dear life, I wasn't so scared anymore. That empty feeling in my stomach was nearly filled up, if only temporarily.