22: Niall & Secrets

Vanessa's P.O.V

  I sat with my lips pursed in a tight line and arms crossed over my chest. Sitting in front of me was a glass of wine, but Nathan nor I were planning on really eating or drinking anything. We had come to strategy, and the only people around were two bozos who wouldn't make eye contact with us.

  "So," I said, casually taking just a small sip of my wine. Nathan didn't have a problem downing his beer, but it honestly didn't matter to me. "What's the plan?"

  Nathan cleared his throat quietly before leaning in so that nobody else could hear what he was about to say. "I've got to lay low. Everyone thinks that I shot Harry, and so it's up to you to finish this for us. Mum and Dad would be proud of you."

  I could feel his cool hand resting on top of mine and I shrugged it off. The last thing I wanted to do was Nathan's dirty work, but it seems like I didn't have a choice. One of us had to finish Darcy off, and I wouldn't mine being the one to make her heart stop. She'd pay for what she did and I'd get my sweet revenge that I've been longing for.

  "Where are they now?" I asked, my eyes narrowing at the two freaks a few tables from us as they left the restaurant. They were leaning in the table like me and Nathan, and there was something in the girl's eyes that I used to see in mine. Before, when I still had that humanly feeling, I was in love. The mere thought only sickened me now and I focused on nothing more than my hate for things.

  Darcy Monroe, for example. But that wouldn't last long, and neither would her life.

  Darcy's P.O.V

  The cold air tickled my cheeks, but before long Harry pulled me into a rental car where Louis was waiting in the front seat.

  The inside of the car smelled like pizza and something close to mold, but I didn't complain. Out of all the places we had to be at the same time... how did this even happen? If they wanted to do something they would have done it before we left, and I could see the oblivion in Vanessa's eyes as they locked mine for that short millisecond. They hadn't even knew it was us, and for once I was grateful for the crazy costume I was in now.

  There weren't space for my legs anywhere in between the seats because they were filled with UPS boxes, and so I curled them under me and leaned my head on Harry's shoulder. His leather jacket was cold, but he pulled me close to him as Lou fidgeted with the heater. In all of this time, nobody said a word.

  "Harry," Louis chuckled. "I honestly could barely read your text. At first I wasn't sure whether you were saying 'pick us up' or 'flick sushi up'."

  "My autocorrect hates me, I swear." Harry smiled. "Vanessa and Nathan were at the diner, like three seats down. It was insane." I was glad that he was taking this all lightly, and I giggled at the irony of it all.

  "But since we had these weird get-ups they couldn't even recognize us." I added. Harry smiled crookedly at me and kissed my forehead. One of his arms was wrapped around me, and neither of us had even thought of buckling our seat belts.

  "It's good Super Louis came to save the day, right?" Louis joked, winking at me through the rear view mirror. "Hey Darcy, Paul wants to talk to you tomorrow with all of us. He said it'll just be a meeting with us and no management, to work things out."

  "How?" I asked curiously. "Like... what does he have in mind?"

  "I'm not sure, but he says it'll go smoothly with management. Which, by the way Harold, Don called. He's pretty upset with you for the other day." Louis warned. I laughed.

  "He's mad that Harry got shot?" I asked. Lou and Harry both glanced at each other in the same moment through the mirror, and I had a feeling that I didn't know something that they did. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as the two mouthed something to each other. "Okay, you know I'm still here."

  "Sorry, love." Louis apologized. "Guess Harry didn't tell you what happened when you were gone, huh?" I was completely oblivious to what Louis was saying, but I looked at Harry to see him glaring in Lou's direction. "Tell her about how you threw the punch on him, Harry!"

  "You what?" I laughed. Harry blushed and sank in his seat a bit. I was a bit surprised that I didn't hear about this, but all of a sudden there was a blinding light in the front seat and Louis tossed this light, which I recognized to be a phone, to me. On the screen I saw the familiar curly haired boy dumping a cup of red bunch over Don's balding head and it was tricking down off of his chin. I snorted, but Lou and I could both tell that Harry didn't want to talk about it, so the subject was quickly dropped.

  The rest of the car ride, we were all silent. Harry was checking on his twitter, whilst I was drifting nearer and nearer into sleep. I didn't want to fall asleep and worry about drooling on Harry's jacket, but after a while my eyes were so droopy I couldn't help it. I shut them and a few moments after I did, sleep overcame me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  When I woke up, I was in an unfamiliar place. I could easily feel a blanket wrapped around me, and my head was on a pillow that smelled like shampoo and cologne. My eyes took a while to adjust themselves, but when I got a good look around the room it seemed to be a hotel.

  Only, I'm pretty sure hotels don't move, because I could feel it in my stomach as we went over a bump in a road. There was a lamp on across the hall, and I saw two silhouettes of people crammed into a bunk beside it. There was someone slowly breathing above me, and I immediately registered in my mind that we were on the tour bus and in motion.

  "I dunno, man." Someone whispered. I immediately shut my eyes and tried my hardest not to smile. Ever since I was little, I was cursed with eavesdropping. When I was little I'd hide behind the couch and listen as my parents talked about what they were getting me for Christmas in December, and the old pretending to be asleep trick was played by me so many times I lost count, not that I ever was.

  "I didn't want to tell her, but I feel bad not telling her." A deep voice said in a British accent, different from his friend Niall's who laid next to him. I was wondering what Harry was keeping from me, and I tried to pinch my hip to keep me from drifting slowly back to sleep.

  "You sure she didn't hear?" Niall whispered.

  "Positive. She was completely fine in the car and she would have mentioned something." Harry answered. I heard one of them sigh, all though I wasn't sure which person it was. "What should I do?"

  "I'm not sure. You wouldn't want to worry her." Niall responded quickly, and there was a long silence that followed afterward, making me think that they were going to sleep, when Niall's voice rang clearly in my ears. "Why don't you go sleep over there with her? She's a lot smaller than me!" Niall complained.

  "No, Nialler." Harry protested. "I want to do things right."

  "Right?" Niall chuckled. "Come on, lad, I'm fallin' off the bed."

  "I mean I don't want to do that. I'm not going to sleep with her, even in that way. That's not right and I'm not going to do that. Do you get what I mean?" Harry said. I bit my cheek and squeezed my eyes shut tight.

  "Yeah. But if you want to do things right, you've also gotta be honest with her. You've got to tell her that Vanessa wants to kill her." Niall reminded him.

  I couldn't hear Harry's response over the sound of my heart drumming furiously inside my chest as the unfamiliar numbness coursed through my body.

  A/N: What do you think? IT WAS VANESSA :O THAT BAD GIRL! OH SNAP! Hahaha, thanks for all your lovely comments and support c: Vote, fan, and comment because I'll be dedicating this chapter to a commenter blah blah you already know.

  MERRY CHRISTMAS, GUYS<3

  ~Delilah