Legion x Reader (pt 2)

Title: A New Addition
CW: foul language, violence, usage of knife, death

I lay in bed while my dad retreats to his room. It's been a long day, so I can only imagine he'll be out like a light in a minute or two. I wait a moment, listening. Less than five minutes later, I hear him snoring in the other room. I slide out of bed and grab my hoodie. I tug it on and pull my hood over my head. I put on a pair of shoes and grab my pocket knife.

I open my window and crawl out of my room, careful not to put stress on my wound. I head back to the cabins where the others wait for me. When I get there, they're already outside and geared up. "You ready?"

"Yeah." I nod. "What are we going to do?"

"I think we'll head to the hardware store. We need to decorate a room for you." He grins, handing me a mask. I take it, gazing at the simple smiley face painted on. I pull it over my head and take a breath. "Now you're really one of us."

We decide to walk, not wanting to risk Joey's license plate getting spotted. I hook my arms through Susie and Frank's, looking ahead as we walk. "How's your side?" Frank asks.

"It's only been a week." I shrug. "But it feels better than it did on day one."

"You know, you're lucky I'm good at sewing." Susie says.

"You're lucky I barely got the knife in." Frank interrupts. "It's not that deep of a wound."

Susie glares at him. "I patched my own hoodie up."

I look at her hoodie, noticing the stitches along the sleeves and pockets. "Wait, you stitched my wound?"

"Yeah. I was actually kind of good at it." She grins, her mask resting on top of her head.

"Wow." I blink. "I'm glad I slept through it."

"Yeah, cause Frank drugged you." She says. "If you woke up, I don't think it would've gone well."

"Well," I huff with a grin. "I'm starting to think that maybe this whole "joining a gang" thing is a bad idea."

"Oh, you'll be fine." Frank grins. "Just as long as you don't get stabbed again."

"You mean, just as long as you don't stab me again?" I ask, laughing.

He nods with a chuckle. "Exactly."

When we arrive, we stop in front of the hardware store. "Everyone ready?" Joey asks, holding his crowbar up.

We all pull our masks down and nod. He pries the doors open, the five of us entering the dark building. Some of the aisles are lit up. "Are those supposed to be on?" I ask.

"Yeah, this place is always having issues with the lighting." Joey says. "Don't worry, I'm sure it's nothing."

I shrug and grab a shopping cart. I head into the lights aisle, the cart squeaking as I push it. I take a box of f/c lights and drop it into the cart. I find some other small decorations before I move to the paint section. Susie helps me pick out a color, joining me. She takes the cart and pushes it for me while I search the next aisle.

"Oh, look!" I point at an empty poster. "We could totally spray it with whatever we want and then hang it up!"

"Good idea!" She grins and takes a few. "We got spray paint at home, but if you want to grab a few new colors, go ahead. I'm gonna go see if there's anything over here."

She walks off, leaving me to venture on my own. I head to the spray paint aisle. The lights above flicker a few times before turning off. I shrug and grab a few colors, wandering back for Susie. "Hey, Susie?" I call as the lights switch back on.