MFA chapter 12*

Chapter 12* 

October 2010  

'F*ck*!' was all that was going through my head right now. Over and over again. Like the words were on a carousel and f*ck was the animals, just spinning and slapping me in the face each time they came around. 

Another thing going through my head was, 'How the hell am I gonna tell Andy?' He was on tour at this very moment and I was set to catch a flight to Texas in less than twenty-four hours. I could tell him at Monster Mosh, but how would he take it? And would I tell him before or after? His reaction was the most important. If I told him before and he was happy about it, he would most likely play a more energetic show (if that's possible). But if I told him before and he wasn't so thrilled, he'd probably put on a sucky show and it would be my fault. Same goes for afterward, just the consequences are a bit different.  

At least this thing can go only one of two ways. It's not like you can have all that many reactions to this type of thing. Sure, the girl going through it could, but not the guy, really. Either they were happy and more than ready for it, or they were angry and didn't want anything to do with you anymore. I really hope Andy wasn't the type of guy who would do the latter but, I knew Andy. If for nothing else, he would stay with me because he's loved me for so long.  

"This is all your fault," I spat at the little pink (ew) plus sign on the screen. "You just had to confirm that I was pregnant. Stupid piece of plastic." 

Yes, I, Alexandria Corrine Night, am pregnant. Obviously, it's not the pregnancy test's fault, but it makes me feel better saying it is. I may sound crazy, but put yourself in my position. I'm seventeen, pregnant, my baby's daddy is on tour on the other end of the country, my mom is over two thousand miles away, my friends would be absolutely no help, and I didn't know a whole lot about prenatal care.  

Wait! Idea! Candace has had a kid. She has a very cute four year old son who is the cutest d*mn little kid I have ever seen. He seemed to turn out alright, she was obviously doing something right. I was going into work in a few minutes, I could ask her on break. 

I took a deep breath and stood from the closed toilet, throwing away the test quickly. That was the third one I'd taken this morning. Let's just say, I downed my body weight in orange juice in a very short time. Probably not the best for my bladder, but it did the job.  

I got dressed in a black button up shirt with red polkadots, black skinny jeans, black Vans, and all my jewelry, including the promise ring Andy had given me. I did my hair and makeup quickly before grabbing my things and heading out to my car. Now I was just anxious to get there and talk to Candy. 

I got there well before I was supposed to even start my shift, but that was okay with me. I was more than happy to work extra if I had to, but I really wanted to get to Candace. Luckily, I found her where she was everyday at this time. Sitting in the break room, eating a healthy breakfast of a chocolate granola bar, Starbucks iced coffee, and a half dozen of donut holes. Somehow, this girl stays as thin as a twig. But, I do the same thing, so I shouldn't be saying anything.  

"Candy!" I called out as soon as I saw her sitting there. "I need to talk to you." My voice was urgent. 

"Zandy?" she asked, tilting her head at me in question. "You don't start for another half hour." 

"Yeah, yeah, I know, but I need to talk to you as a friend," I rushed, closing and locking the door behind me. I went over to the table she was sitting at and set my stuff down. She motioned for me to sit and I plopped down in the chair next to her. I leaned my elbows on the table and covered my face with my hands. I groaned to show her I was distressed.