Mr. Rockstar chapter 22 (edited)

Chapter 22*

"Okay, maybe Italy wasn't such a good idea," Andy groaned, rubbing his eyes as we stepped through the doors of the airport in Rome. We had chosen Italy for our honeymoon and we were eager to start sight-seeing. But, the time zone was way out of whack for us since it was midnight here when it would have been five back home. So, depending on how you looked at it, Andy and I had already been married for a day. 

"Yeah, we have pretty sucky timing, but on the bright side, it's already beautiful," I said with a yawn, trying for optimism. It was a bit hard when you had barely slept on the plane because the baby across from you wouldn't shut up and your new husband wouldn't stop kissing you. Those two components made for a very tired Zandy. 

The view we got from the open airport doors was spectacular. We could see tons of buildings, old and new, all shadowed by the darkness the fire lit street lamps were casting. There wasn't really a whole lot, but what there was was beautiful. 

"Yes, you are," Andy mumbled, pulling me into his chest and kissing me roughly. I giggled-I freaking giggled-and then pushed away from him on his chest. 

"Stop," I said breathlessly, smiling. "Did you not get enough on the plane?" 

"Nope," he replied simply, pressing his lips to mine once more quickly.  

I shoved him away from me playfully right as a taxi pulled up, the writing on the side in Italian. Good thing I had learned it back in high school. Maybe I should thank my mom for forcing it on me sometime when I get back home. 

Speaking of home, I was already missing my babies. My mom had called me, assuring me that they were fine and they were sleeping at the time. I was hoping between her and Amy and Chris they would be able to handle it. Who was I kidding? My mom had had four kids, two of which still live with her, and Amy and Chris had Andy, who was a handful all by himself. I was pretty sure they could handle it. I just wasn't happy that I had to leave Alesana and Andy back in America while their father and I were in Europe for the second time. Well, technically they were with us the first time, but I hate technicalities. 

The whole ride to our hotel was amazing. The taxi driver didn't speak English or Italian or any other language I knew, so it was a little difficult, but the sight was beautiful. The city was so old and classic. Especially when it was night and there was no one walking around littering the streets. Everything looked like it would have back when it was all first built. The buildings were old and cracking, but it made them even more spectacular. The flickering haze of the lit lamps that lined the streets gave the whole place an ethereal look. 

When we pulled up to the hotel we were staying at, The Rome Cavalieri, Andy paid the driver with the US money he had in his pocket before jumping out and helping me out of the car. The airport had our bags sent over to the hotel when we had landed in Rome so we didn't have to worry about getting all of our luggage into the room.  

If we thought the outside of the hotel was nice, we were definitely dumbfounded by the interior. We had barely taken ten steps inside and we had both stopped in our tracks. The lobby was grand and regal, but it had an air of comfort and safety. It seemed like a place that was well looked after but did its best to make all the guests feel welcome and at home. That was definitely the vibe I was getting from just looking at the lobby. 

The front desk was made of a dark polished wood and a woman dressed in a designer suit stood behind it, not looking the least bit tired. Actually, she was slightly smiling as she finished up a phone conversation with what seemed to be a guest. When she hung up, she saw Andy and me and her smile grew.  

"Ciao, benvenuto a The Cavilieri Roma. Il mio nome è Maria, come posso essere di servizio a voi?" she asked in Italian, her voice smooth and joyful.