Part 32

Aiyana

It's been a month since Finn was left here by the Council and if our way of life wasn't dependent on him I would have killed him by now.

Every chance he has gotten, he's undermined Henry's authority. I know Henry is getting frustrated by it even if he hasn't said anything.

I really hope this doesn't last much longer. I'm already halfway through my pregnancy and the idea of him being around our son turns my stomach.

Speaking of turning my stomach, Cheryl is avoiding me. I would say us, but it seems like whenever I see Henry across a room or through a window, she's there. I asked him about it, but he waved it off saying that it's when you're looking for someone that you can't seem to find them.

There's a part of me that thinks maybe he's hiding something from me, but the rational side of my brain says otherwise. The side that hears him tell me how much he loves me every day, the side that remembers him by my side every morning while I had morning sickness.

It just seems like everything is working against us. From Finn to Cheryl to still no sign of Damien, I sometimes feel like the stress is going to kill me. The only thing that makes it better is when I'm in Henry's arms.

Nana Rose wasn't kidding when she told us about the sex drive. There have been times where I pulled him into a closet because I couldn't wait to get him back to our cottage.

I refocus on what I'm working on because the last thing I need is a lady-boner that prevents me from finishing my project.

I've been working on redesigning the Alpha Cottage and I'm almost done. The only room that isn't finished is the nursery. I've been working hard so that the cottage is done by the time the baby arrives.

Using my arm to wipe the sweat from my forehead, I take a step back to get a better look at the mural I decided to paint on the wall. I painted the forest at night with the full moon shining down on where the crib will be.

It wasn't until a few weeks ago that my wolf and I got to see the full moon with nobody else around besides Henry and his wolf. I don't shift nearly as often as I used to and I do miss it but I'm scared that the shifting will have a negative effect on the baby.

It's only for another 6 weeks and then the baby will be here and I'll be able to shift again. I know it seems silly but that's one of the things I'm most looking forward to.

I feel Henry's arms wrap around my waist as I stare at the mural. "It's beautiful my love. Our son will be the most loved pup to ever be brought into this world." He kisses my shoulder, making me giggle.

"Only because he'll have the bravest and most loving father."

Henry spins me around and kisses me deeply. I wrap my arms around his neck, forgetting about the paintbrush still in my hands.

"Aiyana... Why does my shirt suddenly feel wet?"

I gasp, pulling back. "I am so sorry! I forgot about the paintbrush."

He looks over his shoulder at the paint on his shirt before nodding slowly, grabbing his own paintbrush. I take a step back as he dips it in the paint before flicking it at me.

My jaw drops, "You did not just throw paint at me."

Henry grins, "And if I did?"

I try my hardest not to laugh, "Then I would have to do this-!" I do the same to him, the paint hitting his chest.

We both gasp before dissolving into laughter and throwing paint at each other. He chases me around the room and I don't think I've had this much fun since we were kids.

He finally catches me from behind, spinning me around. We collapse on the ground in a fit of laughter. I look up at him, covered in paint from head to toe and my heart is full to bursting. I can't imagine being any happier than I am in this moment.

—————

Cheryl

I pace in the clearing, looking at my watch every few minutes. He should be here by now.

"Cheryl."

I look up and see him. "Damien."

"I'm not going to lie to you, I was pretty surprised to hear from you. Mostly because you knew how to contact me."

I wring my hands together, "Look. I don't like you. I think what you did to Henry and his family was despicable, as was what you did to the other Alphas."

"Please tell me there's a but coming because at this point I'm ready to just kill you and be done with it."

I close my eyes tightly before taking a deep breath. "But, she doesn't deserve him. He's perfect, and she's just the little slut who knew sticking by your side would only get her killed. She doesn't love him. Not like I do."

"Huh, so little Aiyana survived. That's good to know. Now what do you want me to do about it?"

"I want you to kill her. With her out of the picture, Henry will be mine. If it weren't for her he would already be mine. She cast some spell on him, to make him forget that it was me that he's always loved."

I can't decipher the look in Damien's eyes but he has his signature smirk on his face so I hope that means he's got a plan to help me.