Part 29

Henry

It's been 5 days since Aiyana officially became my Mate and Wife. There's only one thing that could make me happier right now.

I have a meeting with the Elders and then I'll be meeting Aiyana in the medical wing to find out if she is indeed pregnant.

It's been hard on Aiyana not knowing if our baby survived. I've tried my hardest to reassure her of my love for her but I know that when it comes to anxiety like she has, it's hard to break those cycles.

I had nightmares for several years after the coup that destroyed my family and hers, but I was able to channel my anger and fear into something productive.

From what I've been able to glean from Aiyana, she wasn't given the same opportunity.

She's been spending a lot of time with Nana Rose and from what I can tell, it's helping her to feel better.

Nana Rose won't tell me what they talk about but they're always smiling when they walk into the dining room together.

"Do we have any news on the Council? Have they sent us any messages?"

Jeremiah sighs, "They sent us this letter today.

Henry Weylyn and the Elders of the Guardians of the Moon pack you have been put on notice.

Delegates from the council will be arriving in the next week to discuss the consequences for your actions.

You will have accommodations ready for their arrival."

My hands move down my face as I rub it. "Okay, we knew they wouldn't be happy but if they're sending Council members then they haven't officially made a ruling yet. This means they might actually listen to us. Let's get one of the cottages ready for them. We want them comfortable and to feel welcomed. If we show them that our move was the correct one they might show leniency."

We spend the next hour discussing what needs to be done over the next week to prepare for the delegates and whatever else needs to be done on the pack's lands.

Jeremy stayed long enough to help set up a program that will train our adults to act as guards and warriors, but has now returned to his pack. We stay in contact and I will tell him about the letter later tonight.

After the meeting, I make my way over to the medical wing. The nurse shows me to the room and when Aiyana looks up I can see how scared she is.

In just a few steps, I am at her side and holding her hand. I kiss her forehead gently before leaning my head against hers.

I rub her back in circles, hoping to soothe her anxiety. I know I will never truly understand what she has gone through but I'm going to do my best to make sure she knows just how much I love her. I can only hope that once all this is over with she might be able to find some modicum of peace.

Derrick walks in pushing a cart in front of him. "Alpha, Luna. Are you ready to find out if you're pregnant?"

Aiyana nods quickly, pulling her shirt up enough to show her belly.

"Okay, cold gel. Take a deep breath in." He spreads the gel on her belly using the tool from the machine.

We don't immediately hear a heartbeat and my own heart is starting to break for Aiyana and for me. I want to be a father to her pups so badly.

The longer Derrick is trying to find any signs, the tighter Aiyana's grip on my hand becomes.

When he finally finds the heartbeat, I can't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks. The love of my life is pregnant with my child.

"There we go. Just needed to get the right angle. If you look right there... that's your pup. In about 6 or 7 weeks we'll be able to tell the gender."

I pull Aiyana into a deep kiss, "We're having a baby!"

Derrick wipes the gel off her belly just in time for me to pick her up and spin her around. I genuinely couldn't be happier. The sound of her giggle as she holds onto me just as tightly as I'm holding onto her just makes me want to spin her around again.

I kiss her again, "I'm so in love with you."

She grins up at me, "Just as I am so in love with you."

We tell my Nana Rose first. Tears and hugs abound as Aiyana starts asking questions I never would have even thought of to ask.

I only have one question to ask, I just hope it doesn't embarrass Aiyana. "Can we still make love?"

Nana Rose laughs, "Of course. It's actually encouraged especially later on. It will help kickstart labor."

I grin down at Aiyana, the blush creeping up her neck makes her look so beautiful.

We head back to the complex to get dinner and make the announcement.

There are plenty of cheers and congratulations when we tell them our news. I'm hoping this means they really have accepted me as their true Alpha.

I know I should be worried about Cheryl hearing about this from someone other than me, but I haven't seen her since I confronted her and I can't walk around on eggshells just because we have a slight past.

Now I just need to figure out if I should tell Aiyana. She has nothing to worry about. We were dumb kids who didn't know what they were talking about and it was before the day she fell and I first realized my feelings towards her were changing. My only concern is that her anxiety is going to overrule anything I say to her and cause her so much stress that she hurts herself or, Goddess-forbid, the baby.

I'll talk to my Nana and see what she says; she'll know what to do.

A/N: Just so everyone is aware, I adjusted the length of time that they gestate because the math to convert 9 months into 4 months was killing my brain. They're pregnant for 3 months (it's closer to an actual wolf anyway who is pregnant for about 2 months.). This has been a PSA, thank you. 🙂