I'm a What Now!?

A day ago, if you would've told Marinette that she was going to have her life changed the second she opened a seemingly harmless looking jewellery box, she would've laughed in your face.

Marinette never was going to have a normal life.

Especially not after a man dressed in a ladybug costume showed up and started rampaging the city for a ring.

All Marinette knew, one minute she was bidding Alya goodbye and the next minute, she was in her room, cornered by a tiny purple god-like creature that had a huge bright purple swirl on its head and-

"IT HAS TINY WINGS!"

Marinette recovered from the initial shock she had faced, following the blood-curdling scream (That lasted for about 4-5 seconds) which did not fail to grab her mother's attention, the latter scrambling up the stairs to ask if the bluenette was okay.

After a quick testimony, Sabine gave her a very sceptical look, to which, Marinette responded sheepishly with a, "A huge bird crashed onto my... window?" 

Sabine raised an eyebrow and decided to leave her daughter and her teenage hormones alone.

"Teenagers." She managed to say before handing her a few cookies and rushing off to help Tom. The huge man gleefully accepting her assistance.

To Marinette, she had reacted rather... gracefully. 

But through Nooroo's eyes, it was a whole another story.

"You know, I've had a lot of holders but none of them came as close to freaking out as much as you did." The purple god said with a hint of mischief.

"AND IT TALKS!?" Marinette had already a little too much going through her head. Adjusting this tiny huge fact would not be so hard.

She, however, had much trouble adjusting to the fact that she was going to be a superhero.

"Yes. It does." Nooroo laughed.

"... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!?"

"The thing is-"

"Are you some kind of a hologram emerging from that box? Or from that brooch? You aren't real! Are you those super-secret robots the country has designed for spying or defence? Are you a radioactive butterfly that will bite me and turn me into some kind of a flying menace? Cause that is what happened to Spider-Man. Are you a-"

"Honestly, when did you get the time to come up with those theories? Also, I'd prefer to be called a kwami. Not a robot. Not a hologram. I am definitely real. No, I won't turn you into a menace. And I am most definitely NOT a radioactive butterfly. Never refer to me like that. My name is Nooroo, and I am your kwami." He finished with an elegant bow.

"Okay, slow down there, great Egyptian god of some kind, WHAT ON EARTH IS A KWAMI!?"

"I will tell you everything if you stop freaking out." Nooroo ordered.

"OKAY!" Marinette quickly sat down, cross-legged, mimicking the action of zip-locking her mouth and waited for an explanation as to why an inhabitant of Jupiter or Mars or any other planet for that matter (STOP IT WITH THE THEORIES, MARINETTE!) was floating in her house and even more, talking to her.

"That brooch you see right there, pick it up and have a close look," Nooroo instructed.

Marinette did so without a second thought and picked up the very tiny purple, oval-shaped, brooch.

And no sooner had she touched it than four petal-shaped white coloured wings came out of the brooch.

"Yikes!" Instinctively, Marinette threw it with such a force that could have broken any other brooch she had. This one, however, resisted.