Chapter 2 - Contract - Part 1

A/N: Please comment as you read. This one is a bit longer, and I worked very hard on it. Any comments would make me so happy. <3

HARRY:

I had spent more time on a plane in the last couple of years, than I’d ever thought possible. They were mostly pleasant, if not a bit tedious. However, this trip gave me a funny feeling in my stomach.

The prospect of seeing Cami again literally made my knees go weak. I was excited, yet scared. And being high up in the sky for hours didn’t exactly help me. Up here, I was alone with all the thoughts and what if’s—a fact that was slowly making me lose my mind.

“You’re alright, man?” Zayn asked beside me.

I nodded. “Yeah… I just don’t know what to expect, you know?”

“It’s going to be fine,” he said. “Don’t worry.” He grabbed a magazine from the pocket on the seat in front of him and began to flip through it.

“Do we have any news on how long we’re staying?” I asked. I hoped it would be awhile. That way, Cami and I could figure out things out.

“Terry is going to join us in a month,” Zayn said. “And depending on how things go, the other guys might stop by too.”

It would be similar to Milan, which was both a good and bad thing. I still remember everything that happened there quite vividly. How I had fallen for Cami, slowly but surely.

I leaned back in the seat, trying to ignore the giddy feeling inside of me. It wouldn’t help to get my hopes up if it all were for nothing.

“Hey,” Zayn said. “Have you talked to your sister recently?”

I shook my head. My family had been there when I woke up, but they’d all had their own responsibilities shortly after. Of course, mum and dad wanted me to go back home with them while I healed. At first, I’d obliged, but after a few weeks I was ready to leave home once again.

My family meant everything to me. Mum, dad, Emma and Tessa where my roots, and I loved them all to bits. However, it was hard to explain my feelings to them. They didn’t understand why I still pined after Cami, and despite all my effort, I couldn’t explain it properly. Hence why I had been out of touch with all of them for a while.

I closed my eyes, opting to try resting my eyes before I arrived in New Ark airport. We’d go directly to visit Cami at her school, after dropping off our luggage. I’d been studying a map over New York, and the school wasn’t that far away from where I lived.

Zayn hadn’t told Cami I was coming, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. My thoughts were that Zayn would go to her first to soften the blow before she saw me, and then we’d take it from there.

I must have dozed off because a steward shook my arm lightly to wake me up. Groggy, I looked up at her, smiling friendly.

“Sir, can you please fasten your seatbelt?” she asked.

I nodded and obliged. Rubbing my eyes, I nudged Zayn, who was far away in his own world. He took out his earphones, sending me a curious glance.

“We’re almost there,” I muttered.

He nodded and turned off his music. “I’m so excited to see her again,” he said.

“Yeah…” I knew that feeling, I thought.

The descent was relatively smooth, and we didn’t have to wait long for our luggage to arrive. The closer we got to New York, the more queasy I felt. Of course, the traffic didn’t help either. I still hadn’t gotten used to the cars or the fact that they drove on the opposite side of the road. Any minute I was expecting a collision.