Ch. 8

My alarm, or should I say alarms, woke me up at 11:00am. Even though I only have an hour to get ready and meet them at their house, I take my time getting up.

11:50 am. Shit, shit. I should have already been on the road. I mean it's not like they can't leave without me. I can probably just meet them where ever they go.

12:50 pm. Well, after getting ready and texting them for the millionth time that I'm already on the way, (I haven't even ordered my Uber yet). I decided to just have a "me" day.

As i'm sitting on the bed and looking at the blank hotel wall, a ding interrupts my thoughts. I check the notification and it's Schlatt.

Schlatt: I'm outside your hotel, let's go

Y/n: How did you know I was still here?

Schlatt: I checked your Snapchat location, also I don't think you should have that on.

Y/n: Creep. Okay I'm on my way lol

Well, I guess my personal day is nonexistent. Not that I mind, I'd probably end up making myself nervous because of tomorrow.

When I step outside of the lobby I see Schlatt. He's in the drivers seat of this ugly white van.

"Oh my god, you look like you kidnap people." I get into the passenger seat.

"Hey, this is van is a beauty! Also the only reason we rented it is because it fits everyone in here."

"This van fits you." I give him a fake innocent toothy smile.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He gives me a confused look with his head cocked to the side.

"Anyways where are we heading to?" I change the subject

"You'll see." Schlatt says as we exit the parking lot of the hotel.

"Oh my god, you are kidnapping me." I say in a fake scared voice. Schlatt glanced at me, looked back at the road and started smiling. I decide to look out of my window and I can't help but smile to myself too because I made him smile.

5 minutes into the ride.

"Wait how far is it, like really?" I say as I look up from my phone. Schlatt doesn't answer me, he looks like he's thinking.

"Oh, sorry- we're already here." Schlatt finally answers. That's when I take in my surroundings and see we're in the parking lot of... the beach?

"Hm." I get off and look into the distance. I can see the group of people we are supposed to meet here. I'm standing next to the van, just observing.

The sun is bright, and hitting the ocean. The ocean is a pretty blue, and it turns white as the waves crash into the sand. I can hear people and music, along with seagulls. I also notice everyone is dressed for the beach... Something I didn't get to do.

"Earth to (y/n)." Schlatt's hand waves over my face.

"Oh, sorry..." I look down to my shoes, damn. They should have told me where we were going so I could have brought the right attire, at least.

I mean- If they told me they were going to the beach, I would have said no. I guess I'm stuck here until everyone wants to leave.