Ch. 7

Once I finally greet the few people I know I decide to take a drink from the fridge. Carson and I sat down on the couch for a while, before choosing to stand with the people in the kitchen because everyone on the couch was high.

"So how's San Diego been for you?" I hear Carson

"Well, I just got here and I fell asleep so I'm not really sure yet" I smile. I feel super awkward, and I'm hoping it's not noticeable to everyone else. Once I realize everyone is just talking amongst each other and no one is paying attention to me, my nerves calm down.

In my peripheral vision I can see a pair of eyes watching me so I turn to them, and it's Schlatt. I don't know what else to do so I smile at him.

"Still tired?" His voice sounds a little different, maybe a little softer? I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

"Yeah, it's been a long day" I take a sip of the drink in my hand.

I hear him chuckle, "Oh my god. I got to a new city, got to my hotel room and took a nap. I have it so hard" He said in an attempt to make fun of me.

I giggle at his comment, "You are such a hater, I have my reasons"

"Well, tomorrow do you want to go around town? It's going to be with the boys and a few others, we're just going to shoot a couple videos, but at least you won't be alone."

I opened my mouth and put my hand over my heart, "you think I'm a loner?"

His mouth was agape , "No, no, It's just- you told me that you didn't have anyone to- you know hang out with..."

I started laughing, "I'm joking, I'm joking. Yeah hanging out with you guys would be cool."

"So you are a loner..." I roll my eyes for the millionth time at him, but this time it's in person and he can see me. The whole, meeting people through real life is really getting to me. I don't know how I'm going to feel during the convention.

I look up at the kitchens cabinets, just studying them. To see anything but the eyes looking at me.

"Honestly though, I just want to say thank you because I really would have been alone, like alone."

Now I really feel awkward. Showing affection isn't really my thing. And I know thanking someone isn't really affection but in my book, it's the same as giving someone a hug.

He looked kind of surprised that I said that. Or mostly that I said it randomly, I never know when to say things at the right time.

"Um, so around what time are you guys thinking of going around the city, just so I can be ready." I say to try and change the subject.

As the little get together goes on, I get more tired. I decide it's time to go to sleep, I check the time.

2:50 AM. It's only 2? What am I, a grandma? But then I feel so drained by just being around people in general. So I order myself an Uber and say goodbye to the people I was talking to.

Schlatt frowns as I was saying my goodbye to him. "What you can't hang?" I laugh at his question.

"Can't hang are we in high school?" He goes in for a side hug, which I gladly give back, surprised at myself for not being awkward. "And apparently not today, I'm not sure what's wrong with me." I continue.

"Take it easy then, (y/n)" We finally let go and just then I realize we were hugging for the entirety of the conversation. When I begin to take a few steps towards the door, I hear Schlatt.

"Or..." I hear him take a pause. He gets up and walks to me. I look up to Schlatt. He talks again, "I'll walk out with you." He gives me a smile after his offer.

As we walk out the door, I realize this is my first time in hours breathing in fresh air. How did I not want to leave earlier?

"This was fun, (y/n)" He says quietly.

I can hear the music and people muffled inside. I can also hear the crickets, everything seemed... calm.

"This was fun, you know you're not as loud in person" I say, finally. I try to poke fun at him a little.

"Well, duh. I'm not an animal all the time"

I giggle at him.

We stay silent for a hot minute until I see the driver pull up.

"It was nice meeting you, I'll see you later today?" Schlatt says going in for another hug, which I return.

"Yeah! Later."

When I'm in the car I realize how awkward this whole thing was to me, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to let myself sleep because of this.

As I enter the suite, I see I got a text from Schlatt.

Schlatt: Hey, I didn't get to tell you this when you brought it up. But I'm glad we did get to know each other before twitch con started :) also remember 12:00 pm!!

I like the message and go to sleep. Excited for tomorrow, well, technically today- but still.

————————————————
IM SUPER SUPER SUPER SORRY IM SO LATE.,, I FEEL LIKE THIS WAS BAD IDK ANYWAYS PLS REMEMBER I DONT PROOF READ CAUSE IM LAZY- ALSO I KNOW YALL DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THIS BUT IMMA RANT ABOUT SOMTHIN REAL QUICK.,,, OBVI FEEL FREE TO JUST SKIP LMAO.,,

legit missed the first day to pick up my cap and gown and I'm so sad lmaooo so now i have to wait for the second pick up and I'm so impatient.,,  anyways i have so many assignments rip and my attention span SUCKS so I'm super overwhelmed so we struggling out here :')) anyways hopefully i can upload ch 8 tomorrow because writing this is my happiness at the moment but i don't have time or I'm bad at time management 😭😭😭