25:

An hour. We waited sixty minutes for the others to have a head start before we could leave HQ without alerting the squads. Everyone was so determined and prepared, seemingly fearless however I know the doubts firsthand that can circulate in your mind- poisoning the person's efficiency, perhaps compromising their capabilities and leading to failure.

Now I sound like my dad.

"We need to go," says Leone's gravely voice. "Here's your helmet."

"Thanks," I mumble grasping the cool plastic between my course fingers. "I suppose you'll be driving then."

"Obviously," he winks. "Aren't girls supposed to like boys riding motorcycles? That's a thing right."

"Sure," I snicker. "If you're easily impressed."

"Which you are," he remarks. "You showed me last night when I wasn't even trying."

I flush red with embarrassment and look away, my faded, dull green locks covering my eyes. I run my fingers through my hair and clear my throat, "Well th-that's hardly my fault."

"Oh?" He questions, coming around the bike and sitting on the seat, taking the helmet from my hands. "And who's is it?"

"Yours obviou—," my breath catches on my throat as he tucks my strands behinds my ear, taking extra time to caress my cheek. His thumb is rough, but his actions are so gentle and caring that my heart accelerates and my stomach explodes into tiny little butterflies fluttering and flittering. He pulls my head in and kisses my forehead, spreading warmth and a feeling of tenderness throughout my body, as if I'm safe and the entire world is alright.

The feeling is quickly over though as he takes my helmet and puts it on my head. He quickly mimics the actions with himself and before I know it we've pulled out onto the dirt road and are eating up the path ahead of us in record time. This time it feels like the minutes are seconds. I guess when you could potentially die the drive towards it does go somewhat quickly.

Its surreal that the man I have wrapped in my arms is the only person I feel truly cares for me. We've had a rough past, he changed my life and flipped it upside down- but for some reason this is the happiest and most content I've felt in years, even if that means nearly dying on several occasions. It probably sounds stupid but to me it's something worth dying for.

I'd much rather live a short life to the fullest rather than living a long, uneventful one.

The trees appear haunting, foreboding even. Like last time we don't take the path in, rather find an alternative route with the trees, weaving our way between bark and bushes before we make it a safe distance away from the mansion. Leone slows it down to a halt, getting off the bike and lowering it the ground as I find suitable branches to disguise the vehicle.

He nods and we begin on a path lead by the gang leader himself, from the distance I hear gunfire and yelling from far within the trees, however I ignore it; block it out. I need to focus on this.

Leone stops and removes branches using his boot, exposing a manhole dirtied from the nature surrounding. He lifts it as I look out, hand hovering over the pistol located on my thigh, however it's silent.

The distraction is working.

"Come on," he whispers. "We've got to go."

I nod and tap his shoulder before descending down a ladder. It doesn't lead to the sewers which I expected. Rather the concrete tunnel is lit with a dull, light; creepy. Dust paves the way like a grey carpet, crawling up the walls and hanging from the lamps, evidently showing that it's not been used for a long time. Perfect.