9:

I huff in annoyance as I rip off the blindfold and glare at the bitch next to me, "Was this really fucking necessary?"

The woman doesn't respond, only raises her pierced brow up at my snarky attitude and shoots me a flat look. It's a shame that she's my type or else I'd stab her in her light grey eyes which are emphasised by her silver pixie cut.

I click my tongue and open the door, "See you hotshot, don't miss me too much." I slam it shut and huff as it speeds off into the sunset. Licking my chapped lips, I look around of where I am and instantly begin walking to the underground bar that nobody but a tight-knit group of misfits know. I slip down misleading routes until eventually I make it to the paved alley with crooked hanging lights, squashed between two tall buildings.

I walk down there, my boot heels clacking and echoing in the chilly night air whilst I small bruise billows my blue hair. I turn to the small, discrete steps that run down to a door bellow the building itself and slowly descend, having to duck my head under due to my tall height. The door is smaller than the average side; knock, knock knock knock, knock.

I wait patiently as a multitude of bolts and locks unlock before the miniature door swings open to Sarah, a woman with dwarfism. Her hair is dyed dark purple complimenting her brown eyes and pink complexion. She has an eyebrow slit, nose ring and she's wearing a leather jacket with skintight jeans and a crop top. She smiles with her crooked teeth and lets me enter. I straighten to my full height on the others side and let out a sigh, "Evening Sarah."

"Haven't seen you around lately, what've you been up to?" She questions before locking the door shut again.

"This and that," I wave off. "I no longer work for Chad though, hence why I'm here actually." As I peer around I notice a bunch of new faces which surprises me. "New members?"

"Isn't it incredible? The uprising is happening," she smiles wickedly.

"Uprising?"

She huffs and rolls her eyes, "You know what I mean. You hate the Thorns as much as all of us, only these people add to our cause! With them we can divide and conquer Ang, it's finally happening."

I bite my lip as guilt causes my stomach to drop. Here my longtime acquaintance is practically buzzing from her dream of succeeding from the oppressive nature of the Thorns.

"Who are they?" I question.

"Some European gang," she shrugs. "Sound German to me. Anyway, we're keeping them hidden here from the Thorns whilst they make their next plans, in return they'll let us do whatever the hell we want."

I force a smile to tug at my lip, "Can I talk to them?"

"Well, I mean, I suppose? We usually let them do whatever the hell they want to do. They tend to keep to themselves, not many know English."

"Thanks Sarah, is Chad here yet?"

"At the bar."

I nod before making my way around the small circular tables packed with mysterious looking men and manic women; my type of scene. The room is lowly lit with yellow bulbs under thin red lamps, casting the entire room in a dangerous maroon glow. The bar is traditionally set up at the back with ten barstools with purple cushions, the familiar figure of Chad's seamlessly blending into the rough surroundings.

The bartender- J- pours a round of shots in front of my old supplier. The brunette, thin man has a striped polo shirt with a cloth slung on his shoulder, his hair pushed back with hair gel causing it to glisten in the poor lighting. I sit next to the tall man as he slips a note to J before necking back a shot. He slams the glass down on the table before gripping the next one, "You've really pissed me off Ang."

I blink in surprise before pushing that down with a slow smile, "What can I say? It's in my nature."

He necks back the next one and I have to restrain myself from telling him to slow down. "You... you've disappointed me. I thought you were my girl, my little deadly dealer. I thought of you as a friend, only you've gone onto something different. So tell me, what is that something?"

I shrug, "I've found a more promising job opportunity."

"Again with this," he waves his hand in the air. "Bullshit-ery. Dodging my questions like bullets whilst thinking that it's okay to just dismiss me like that. Who's going to deal for me now? I've got a family back home ya know, a family I was willing to share with you."

"I'm sorry it didn't work out that way," I lie as I pull out the bags of cocaine. "Here you go. I've got important matters I need to attend."

"Huh," he chuckles.

My brows furrow, "What's so funny?"

"'Matters' hm? You haven't been seen in twenty four hours," he shrugs. "A lot can happen within that time."

"I know and like I said, I found a better—"

"Opportunity, yes, yes, yes. No need to remind me," another shot. "Should I tell you my theory?"

Faking amusement I nod.

"I think you've been chatting to the Thorns," he whispers. "Imagine everyone's surprise once they find out their very own Ang is in fact one of them."

"You're talking out of your arse."

"No, I think I'm speaking sense. You didn't deal anything last night which tells me you got taken in. Nobody said they saw you. You were just 'whoosh', gone. Peculiar, no?"

"No, it's not," I sigh and steal a shot from his for theatrics before gulping it in one, the familiar burn like an old friend. "Im gonna be honest with you Chad, okay?"

He nods once before turning to me, "Sure, woo me with your falsities."

Ignoring him, I rest my elbows on the counter before nervously biting my lip, staring down at my hands with a grace expression, "I-I've been having bad thoughts."

"Like?"

"I feel like I don't belong here," I stall. "Y'know, with mi mamma being back and not having a proper place to stay, I think this is God's way to tell me to move on. So I found this job out of the city and it's perfect."

"What is it?"

Yeah Isabella, what is it? "A journalist."

"Just like that?"

"Just like that," I lie but I can sense the disbelief from him. "Someone found a video of me doing parkour and they said they needed someone who could get the dirty news, the I quote: 'juicy news'."

"Does it pay well?"

"Well enough that I can buy myself a two bedroom flat and a driver's licence."

He whistles lowly and mock applauses, "Congrats. Here I thought you were a traitor."

"I couldn't be a traitor, half the reason I need a new job is because of the fucking Thorns," I grumble before getting up. "I need to pack."

"Yeah, yeah of course he slurs and pats me on the shoulder. "All the best gorgeous. Have fun in paradise for me."

I chuckle and nod, "Of course Chad. See you in never."

He laughs and nods, "Yup! See you in never."