10:

I sit across from Leone the following morning, my mind whirling with a range of thoughts that seem as bad as the other. He looks at me expectantly sensing that things are off with me; how am I supposed to do my I give up my own? Yes, we're not friends however we worked for the same cause: survival.

"Well?" He asks with a deep sigh. "I don't have all day Angel."

"I-I," I blink in surprise, shut my mouth and gulp. For once I don't know what to say, loyalty taking a toll on my needs. I need money so I can buy my own place, the wad of cash sits tauntingly in front of me as if saying 'betray them' with its greedy green paper that is sadly the currency for life.

He narrows his gaze, "You found them, didn't you?"

I nod once and look away as I notice his puzzled expression.

"Then why can't you tell me where they are?"

"It's not that simple," I whisper hoarsely, tiredly rubbing my eye. I can only imagine how much of a mess I look with dark bags beneath my eyes, skin paler than usual and my hair a frizzy mess.

"Why is it?"

"Since if I tell you where they are, I'd be hurting a lot of people," I reply, my hands fidget on my lap. "I don't want to do that."

"Suddenly you've grown a heart?" He scoffs.

I glare at him, "I've always had a heart. It's just who I show it too that matters."

He goes quiet and just watches me, "What if  I promise I'll leave them alone? You take my men their and point out the Russians, we'll leave everyone else be."

"Since the entire idea of that place is to avoid you," I ground out between gritted teeth, my anger rising. "Do you know why we want to avoid you? Since if it wasn't for you most of them would be financially stable. You control this city like it's your own and we don't like that. We don't want to be ruled by a-a tyrant!"

He looks at me passively, unfazed, not bothered. It's as if he's accustomed to such outbursts and has become nonplussed about opposing arguments, "Oh?"

"Don't flipping 'oh' me you asshole! I'm trying to protect those who have the same beliefs as me."

"They're backstabbing liars."

"Yes, but they're my backstabbing liars." Okay, even I know that doesn't make sense.

"You do realise if you don't tell me where these Russians are that'll endanger not only my gang but your little 'friends' as well?"

"You think I'm not aware of that? That's precisely why I didn't get any sleep last night. I can't help but dread that if these Russians do overthrow you then they'd do the exact same. Run the city, oppress the people, ruin lives... however if I tell you where my friends are then they could get—"

He stands up before I can react, rounds that table and pulls me up by my arm so I look him dead in the eye. His eyes blaze with burning fury and something else, his iris a dazzling array of brown and green flames that seems to flicker in their depths. "You think I'd let these Russians overthrow my gang?"

I swallow the lump in my throat and nod hesitantly. His grip tightens on my arm causing me to catch my breath, his seeming to increase and fan across my face; I suddenly realise the close proximity between us two.

"Do you understand how disrespectful that is?" He growls lowly and I can feel my body reacting in a way I didn't want it to.

Instinctively I push my thighs slightly together in an attempt to not shake like a leaf, however this man takes my will and stomps all over it, leaving me panting and any sane thoughts broken.

"Why shouldn't I punish you right now?"

"S-since-" damn you stutter-"I don't want to. Believe it or not Leone, you need me and I don't need you. Well, other than your money but I can get it from somewhere else."

He hastily lets go of my arm and I sag slightly not realising how tense I was. He practically jumps away from me and rushes to his seat, looking deep in thought as he slowly lowers himself onto his chair.

I can't help but ask: "Are you okay?"

He scoffs, "Like you'd care. You only want my money."

"Don't be so grumpy Mr," I tease and awkwardly sit back down. "This is just business, right?" Only you secretly want more... don't lie.

"Yes," he rolls his eyes. "You're not my type."

Ouch. "What makes you think you're my type?"

"I didn't say that," he shrugs. "But it's rather telling if you jump to that conclusion."

"I was only clarifying the obvious. No need for any misunderstandings."

He snorts, "Alright Isabella."

"Angel."

"What's the point of a fake name if I know your real one?"

"Since I'm only called Isabella by my friends," I grumble.

He grins wickedly and I'm caught off guard by his charming smile, contorting his face into one of mischievousness, "Then I should be able to call you Isabella."

I swear this guy has bipolar, "Anyway, onto more important matters..."

"Tell us the address and your acquaintances won't know of your involvement," he shrugs. "It seems easy to me."

"I'm not sure if I could live with myself. It goes against my moral compass," I mumble.

"You girls and your complexity. Your weird need to make everything seem one hundred time worst when in actual fact it's easy."

"No it's not!" I exclaim. "I don't want to hurt them."

"Then we draw them out," he shrugs. "Draw the Russians out, make them fall into our trap; however we can't have you doing it."

My brows furrow, "I don't trust any else."

"Well, you're going to have to," he sighs.

"The only person here I trust is Chloe."

"What? You want my future sister-in-law to face a bunch of Russians? I don't think so."

"Then who else?" I ask in exasperation. "Who else could possibly do this?"

"Well... I have a couple of thoughts," he says aloud but more to himself. "I can as Gupo."

"As in Toro's man?" I ask incredulously.

"Yes, he has friends that could be of use."

"That's," I pause. "Not a bad idea."

"We could send one of them in and have them cause a riot," he nods more to himself. "Have them portray someone in allegiance with us and have them rush out in fear, causing the Russians to follow."

"What if my friends follow in the process?"

"We'll have to hope not," he sucks on his full bottom lip. "I wouldn't want to hurt you."

My heart skips a beat and I'm sure I'm looking too much into this, however the fluttering of butterflies in my stomach intensifies and my breathing comes to an abrupt pause. He seems to not notice and I take it as my cue to leave. "I'm off."

He looks up at me, "Come back to my office at lunch, I'll have you rush through the plan with the selected candidate."

I nod once and offer a grim smile before turning on my booted heel and sashayed back out of that steamy office. Hell no.